cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible customer service

Chris2023
Joining in

Hi all, sorry if this is abit of a read but I’m disgusted by the customer service I have been receiving and hoping for some advice here. ( I’ll try keep it short as possible ) 

About three months ago now my broadband started dropping out randomly for about 30 second a time multiple times throughout the day.. any work/streaming/gaming I would be doing would just completely cut out.. I thought there might just be something going on within my area so I left it, But this continued for a few weeks. So I phoned virgin media support and got ran through the generic turn it off and on again troubleshooting stuff which of course did not work. 

I then got told it’s a router problem and a new one would be sent out to me, after plugging in the new router the problem persist meanwhile I got given a day my old router would be collected which I stayed in all day to make sure it got sent back but no one showed up.

after this I did no more than phone back and explained what’s happened and it’s still cutting out and seemed to be worse than before. 

I got told an engineer would have to be sent out to investigate further.. again I stayed in all day on the day they were suppose to show up, but again no one came. 

Again I phoned back to be told that the person I spoke to last actually didn’t even book an engineer so I was waiting at home that day for nothing.. but now they can’t send an engineer out for whatever reason and can only monitor my connection for 24 hours… Bare in mind at this point it’s been around 2 months of terrible broadband and me still paying the full bill on time. I said this isn’t good enough anymore and was told a manager would call me back in 24 hours…. Again no one called.

I then called back a few days later with patience wearing rather thin and again got told someone would call me back within 24 hours who can help me further and take any complains I may have… guess what? Yep…no one called me back. On top of all of this I’ve just paid my latest bill that’s doubled in price as my “ promotion “ has ended. Although I wasn’t made aware of this even though I’ve been calling them more times than I speak to my own family.

Right now I’m at a loss… I feel like I just keep getting parred off with empty promises. Paying for services I’m not receiving and spending my life calling this terrible support centre.. what do I do next?? Any advice is highly appreciated 🙂 

1 REPLY 1

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Chris2023, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear you are having issues with your broadband service and for your experience when contacting the team, we will do all we can to assist further. 

I would like to take a look at the account from our side so I am going to pop you over a private message to confirm a few details.

This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat