Menu
Belogical
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Horizon (SIP) BLF fields not updating through Hitron CGNV4-BIZ router.

First post here, so mods; please move if this has been dropped into the wrong forum.

A client of ours switched to Virgin Business (Static IP) late last year.  They're using SIP telephone system based on the UK Horizon platform.

Before switching to Virgin, the system worked as expected. We were able to update the Busy Lamp Field (BLF buttons) as expected.

However, since the move to Virgin, we've been unable to change the BLF fields. Changes made at the platform never make it to the handsets, despite the handsets rebooting after accepting the update/save request.

Horizon support tell me this is to do with re-packetisation. Apparently, the default value is 32 and needs altering on the router to a new value of 64.

Logging into their CGNV4-BIZ router, I cannot see any reference to re-packetisation.

Is it possible to alter this value? If so, how would I change this?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Heather_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Horizon (SIP) BLF fields not updating through Hitron CGNV4-BIZ router.

Hello Belogical, 

Thanks for getting in touch 🙂

For this issue, I'll have to ask you to get in touch with our Business Technical Support team, they're the best people to speak to about this.

We're a residential Community Forum at the moment. 

Take care. 

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
macximum
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Belogical

Did you ever resolve this? I would be interested if you did as I am experiencing the exact same issue!

Many thanks.
0 Kudos
Belogical
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No Sorry.

Virgin have rolled out a handful of firmware updates in recent months and the best we've had is the the BLF shortcut names flashing up periodically on the LCDs.

There are further updates top be rolled out by Virgin in the next 30 days, so I can't say this will never be fixed.

I WAS told by Virgin early on, that if we didn't NEED a static IP, we could resolve this quickly by switching to a dynamic IP as this issue only affects customers with a static IP.

Good Luck.

0 Kudos
CarlTSpeak
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, VM implement static IP by tunneling. This means different MTU across the network after the Hitron and they currently repacketise even small packets it seems. 

Static IP has been so problematic for us we actually went with dynamic and pay a third party for static IPv4 and indeed IPv6.

Upon initial connection we were getting perhaps 40Mb/s. It's better now but there are still numerous minor quirks and issues, none of which happen via our third party IP provider. 

0 Kudos