cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honor 9 won't consistently connect to hub 5

dachk
Joining in

Hello,

We recently received our hub 5 and it has been set up for just over a week.

My Honor 9 smartphone (sister brand to Huawei, handset about 3 years old) has started disconnecting from the WiFi.

Resetting the phone reconnects it, however it doesn't seem to stay connected.

The WiFi settings on my phone say that it is switched on, it remembers the hub 5 network but just displays it as "saved, encrypted" and appears to be repeatedly attempting to connect.

None of the other devices in my household have this issue and I have not knowingly changed any settings on my phone or installed any OS updates.

Help please!

5 REPLIES 5

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

You may have to get your own wifi router with 1Gb ports and put hub in modem mode

---------------------------------------------------------------

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi dachk,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues with the connection.

I've had a look at things from our side and it does look like there is a power issue that requires a technician visit.

Before I can arrange this I'll need to confirm a few details with you, I've popped you over a private message for this (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Maybe the Honor does not like the Hub 5 wifi 6 ax protocol?  Try setting the 2.4Ghz band to a lower legacy setting.

Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1
Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Wireless signal
In the Wireless frequency 2.4GHz select Wireless mode > 802.11b/g/n/ax mixed
Select Apply changes 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

dachk
Joining in

Thanks to all for helpful replies and suggestions, I'm not far off upgrading my phone so, I'll persevere for now and keep these suggestions for if I have the same problems with my new device 🙂

Hi Adduxi, thanks for getting back to me privately.  

This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Also, please bear in mind that our website offers lots of helpful information and also, you can manage your account from here.

Regards

Lee_R