cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home hub 3

Dowfe
Joining in

Hi,

having issues with my connection from my devices to the hub for some months now.  Called back in April was advised that I have too many devices connected and that I should upgrade for an extra £5 a month.  Hung up as thought Was a cheek!.  Just supply a hub that works in the first place!.

Now for the last 2 days the issue is getting worse plus I cannot log onto the hub as the password is incorrect!. Called yesterday and today and respoke with 4 different people. To be told to reset the hub, I reset the hub same issue, still can’t log in.  I get told to switch it off and back on again l, still the same issue.  Was told yesterday I would get replacement hub but systems are down and to call back today.  Today the CSA just wanted me to retry the password over and over again.  I gave up in the end.

Has anyone else had the wrong password issue and gotten round it?

6 REPLIES 6

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

First check that the two passwords on the bottom label are legible. Then press down the little reset button for 30 seconds. Release it and leave the Hub to restart in its own time.  The setup and WiFi passwords should now be reset to the ones on the label.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks for the response.

I have tried this but still no joy.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Then it does look like you will have to call again and insist on a replacement Hub. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi @Dowfe,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue. After a pin hole reset your passwords for both the Hub settings and the WiFi networks should revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base. Can you confirm you are using the WiFi one for devices connecting to the WiFi and the settings one to access the Hub?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes I have done this several times and still the same.

Thanks for confirming. 

The Hub may be faulty in that case. I will pop you a PM so we can confirm some details and get a technician out to you. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs