cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home and business connection?

st4v0
Tuning in

Is it possible to have a business virgin media internet 1gb/50 voom and standard 1gb/50 virging fibre at the same address but on two separate accounts?

Thanks for any help.

16 REPLIES 16

VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @st4v0 ,

thank you for reaching out to us here, welcome to the community.

yes, it is perfectly possible to have two different services on two different accounts at the same property. Although it’s a little bit different to normal it is perfectly possible. I am more than happy to help you achieve what you are looking for if you require any help.

thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

That's great,thanks.

Last question,would this be installed on its own separate line so as to not affect the other network.

Thanks

Hi @st4v0,

we could do that if it’s a deal breaker for you but there really is no need most of the time. Installing a second hub will not affect the other in any way provided the incoming signal levels are within specification. 

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Im confused,lol

I thought being business internet it would naturally need a seperate line?

So would the line be split by the existing router and then just another router added for the buisiness side?

thanks so far,a great help

Hi @st4v0 

The cable that comes to your property will be split two ways. There will be a separate hub on the end of each split providing the service you pay for. There is generally no need for two cables under the garden.

Think of it a bit like your electricity supply. You don’t need a separate cable to the house for each plug socket you have in your property. Each plug socket can provide you 240 V without a problem. Hope this makes sense.

Jon

Ok thankyou.

If I do decide to go ahead and have it done would I be able to pm you to start the ball rolling?

hello again,

Absolutely, no problem at all. I’ve already sent you a private message in case you need my help. Thank you

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

One thing not mentioned, if you have two lines coming into your property they will both meet up at the same street cabinet and use all the same infrastructure. so there is not much redundancy.  

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Redundancy wasn't so much the problem,I want to run a server and it not be affected if someone's downloading/streaming or playing games on the other hub.