cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Broadband and wifi issues

Crippsy1701
Joining in

Good Evening, 

Every since my neighbour has had Virgin Broadband installed downstairs - my own connection has become unstable.

The signal around the property has become weaker and loses it connection numerous times a day albeit for a few seconds but enough to video meetings.

I am a Volt Customer and can see I can claim Wifi boosters for the rooms that have weaker signal issues.

One room I get 2.4 MPBS  and the further away i get none - i have to use mobile data - this is an issue as i use wifi calling and the calls drop after a certain range from the virgin router (around 25 foot)

Whilst I would like to know how to claim a free extender i also feel the new connection for my neighbour is also causing an issue. I have lived here for 4 years with no issues then the day it was installed downstairs i have had no end of issues. Broadband companies are constantly at the CATV box day and night for other users and mine just keeps getting worse. Its now got to the point that hoping that it will fix itself has passed.

Please advise.

Kind Regards

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Let’s check your circuit, please provide some stats.

How to get stats from a VM hub (no need to logon to the hub)

Open a web browser and go to 192.168.0.1 router mode or 192.168.100.1 modem mode

• Click on the “> Check router status” button
  • Click on the “Downstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply, do not take a screen shot
  • Click on the “Upstream” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply
  • Click on the “Networking” tab, copy the text and paste into your reply.
    • Do NOT post photos or screen shots they will be rejected as they contain MAC addresses. The board software will automatically change MAC addresses to **:** if done as above.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Good Morning , 

I have tried several times to get into modem mode , it just gets a constant redlight (even after the 5 minutes of suggested waiting) then I have to move to mobile data and when entering the new password says the wrong password - however when using the same password in router modem I can access everything there.

reset to factory settings - change password again - still the same 

Update - still constant red light even after resetting the hub again.

still can’t access 

attempting another factory reset

when performing a diagnostic check with the round percentage it did identify issues with the network, but thats all it said nothing to click on etc …. 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What hub do you have?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

The black hub 3 

Hi @Crippsy1701 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the broadband issues. 

I have done a system check and the levels are all in spec, no outages showing/area issues. 

Can you confirm, is the red light present in router mode or just Modem Mode? If Modem Mode, then there's no issue with it.

In relation to the Pods, please download on your phone/device, the Connect App - https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/connect-app - you'll be able to do a wireless scan in the property. This will identify any coverage blackspot areas and attempt to optimise the connection where possible. If a Pod is needed, you'll be able to order via the app.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill