cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hive ‘hub’ not listed as Ethernet connection

GeoffW6969
Tuning in

Brand new Hive Hub plugged into Virgin hub3 remains flashing green (trying to connect to internet).

Anything else that I put into the Virgin hub works fine.

I have logged into 193.168.0.1 and inspected the list of connected Ethernet devices and the Hive is not there.

6 REPLIES 6

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

It’s probably the Hive Hub wanting a reset.

I’ve had similar issues in the past that were resolved by Hive. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Thanks Gary. 

unfortunately can only unplug to ‘reset’ as no reset option on the Hive. 
Have been through Hive’s suggested ‘unplug for 3 seconds, replug for 10 seconds, repeat six times’. Made no difference. 

@GeoffW6969 wrote:

Thanks Gary. 

unfortunately can only unplug to ‘reset’ as no reset option on the Hive. 
Have been through Hive’s suggested ‘unplug for 3 seconds, replug for 10 seconds, repeat six times’. Made no difference. 

You’ll need to ask Hive to remove and re-add the hub to your account. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

I will speak to them tomorrow. 

Unfortunately Hive support people cannot ‘see’ the Hive hub as it is not connecting to the internet through the Virgin hub. 

They are sending me a replacement.

The replacement Hive hub worked first time.

It is annoying that they are distributing faulty products. Pity that they don’t test them before they enter the supply chain. Interesting that the replacement was not in retail packaging which suggests either this one was removed from its packaging and tested or that it is a refurb.