cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hive hub nano not connecting to VM Hub 3.0

Looby63
Tuning in

Since having the VM router hub 3, I've been unable to connect my Hive hub nano. I've tried all the troubleshooting suggestions on Hive's website, none of which work. I've also phoned them, online chatted to them and getting nowhere. I've been waiting over two weeks for someone in their second-line team to phone me (awful customer service). Has anyone else had this problem with VM router and Hive Hub 3? I'm now wondering whether it's the router and not the Hub because it was working okay before I got the Hub 3.

34 REPLIES 34

I've just tried connecting my printer to the VM router with an Ethernet cable and the printer works. The Ethernet green light is on too.

The power supply does seem to be working. The Hive hub has a solid green light on.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Use hub in modem mode and get a wireless router with 1Gb ports.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

… and how does that statement contribute to understanding and correcting this issue?

@legacy1 

The Hive Hub nano has a single 10Mb Ethernet port, no WiFi.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@Ernie_C wrote:

The Hive Hub nano has a single 10Mb Ethernet port, no WiFi.

Hub don't like 10Mb port link speed so new router will fix.😁

How do you know this please? I’m reluctant to spend more money on this unless you are certain. For info everyone, I’ve had no help or support from hive whatsoever. It’s at the point where I’m having to make a complaint about the appalling customer service from Hive. I’ve spent hours on this. Not just today but over the last few weeks. Thanks for your help so far. Could this be a fault with the Ethernet port on the hive hub? I’m at the end of my tether ! 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

I don't know for sure unless you buy stuff to test like say a switch connect hive to switch then switch to hub which might work or just buy I a new router. The hub may of been coded without 10Mb link speed and only support 100/1000Mb.

A test you could do but may work but may not prove a thing is to get a PC/laptop go into setting and change the speed and duplex to 10Mb full or half duplex.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I’m going to step away while @legacy1 is leading you down the fruitless path he is creating.

As I said earlier, the Hive Hub nano with its 10Mb Ethernet port works perfectly well with the Hub 3.0 and Hub4 in Router Mode. There is no need to consider additional equipment at your cost.

Sorry, @Looby63 .

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
So your going with fault with the Ethernet port on the hive then?

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Looby63, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing some issues connecting the Hive equipment to your Hub. 

To clarify can you please confirm the following for me? 

Have you tested the ports in your Hub via another device connected via Ethernet? 

Do you know which type of Ethernet cable you are using to connect? 

Are any wireless devices struggling to connect at all? 

On checking the equipment from our side, we have noticed there may be a short term connectivity issue. With this being the case, could you please check that the cables leading in to the back of the Hub are secure and finger tight? 

Please let us know how you get on, 

Nat