cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hive hub nano not connecting to VM Hub 3.0

Looby63
Tuning in

Since having the VM router hub 3, I've been unable to connect my Hive hub nano. I've tried all the troubleshooting suggestions on Hive's website, none of which work. I've also phoned them, online chatted to them and getting nowhere. I've been waiting over two weeks for someone in their second-line team to phone me (awful customer service). Has anyone else had this problem with VM router and Hive Hub 3? I'm now wondering whether it's the router and not the Hub because it was working okay before I got the Hub 3.

34 REPLIES 34

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Split the SSID to differentiate between the 2.4 and 5 Ghz signals.  Just add _5 to the end of the existing 5Ghz name and save.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I'm not a techy person so I have no idea what you mean. Could you tell me what I need to do in layman's terms please? Thanks.

I am not a techy person so have no idea what you mean. Please tell me in layman's terms what I need to do? Thanks.

I've tried what you said and it doesn't work I'm afraid. I have however, noticed that the ethernet connection is showing as 'no ethernet connected devices'. I've tried a different ethernet cable and port and still it doesn't work. Any advice on this please?

The ethernet ports on the Hub3 have a little light next to each port which should light up green if it's connected properly. Is it lit?

Do you have a laptop with an Ethernet port? Try plugging it in so you can test if the Hub's Ethernet ports are even working.

None of the port lights are on. I don't have a laptop unfortunately.

Is the power supply for the Hive Nano working correctly? Are any lights showing on the Hive Nano?

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have a Hive Hub nano, which is an Ethernet only device, no WiFi, and have had no issue connecting to either the Hub 3.0 or now Hub4.

As an Ethernet device, diagnosis is straightforward as the parameters to consider are few.

Port on Hive Hub nano, 4 x Ethernet ports on the Hub 3.0 and the Ethernet cable.

Assuming all Ethernet ports on the Hub 3.0 have been tried with each cable, re-booting both the Hive Hub nano and Hub 3.0 after each configuration change, it’s difficult to see what else can be done.

Can you say a little more about how you have identified that you have an issue?

What do you see on the Hive app, particularly the manage devices page? See mine below.

B891DF97-1DDB-4571-8719-0E6A31E93C5F.jpeg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

PS I presume Hive support have advised you how to put Hive into standalone mode so you can, at least, operate your heating manually.

If not, here’s the instructions:

B95DFA5E-8089-4065-8748-3525FFC65359.png