Menu
Highlighted
Plav
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hive Outdoor Camera won’t connect

Hi, any help appreciated. 

My Hive outdoor camera won’t connect to my Virgin WIFi. It was working fine with my previous internet provider. 

My camera finds the WIFI no problem and I have checked the signal. All good. When I enter my hub password it fails to connect. 

I’ve tried everything Hive have suggested with no luck. Virgin have been less helpful suggesting I pay to use their version of Geek Squad to troubleshoot.

Help!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hive Outdoor Camera won’t connect

@Plav wrote:

My camera finds the WIFI no problem and I have checked the signal. All good. When I enter my hub password it fails to connect. 

Help!

Quick point - it is the wifi password you should use - not the Hub settings password ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Plav
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, yes it’s the WIFi and not the hub password I’ve been using, although out of desperation I have tried the hub password too. 

I’ve also tried to connect after disabling the firewall, 5Ghz and smart optimisation. Still fails to connect. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Is it 2.4GHz only? If so you could try disabling channel optimisation and renaming the SSID's of the 2.4 & 5 GHz networks so that they are distinct, separable and selectable - worth a try - can always pinhole reset if it doesnt help or you dont like it.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Plav
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the help. I have tried this already with no joy. I’ve been on the phone to both Hive and Virgin, they seem clueless. 

Looks like I’ll have to wait until I can leave Virgin and pop the camera in storage for now and buy something else. 

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

VM wireless is a compatibility bug with some devices you may find that getting your own wireless router with 1Gb ports with the hub in modem mode a solution.

0 Kudos
Plav
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, it’s probably the only thing I’ve yet to try so I’ll have a look. Thanks all. 

I’ll post back here with an update shortly

0 Kudos