cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hive App not working when connected to VM hub

davidtidmarsh
On our wavelength

I’m unable to use my Hive App when I’m connected to VM hub but works perfectly when using my phones 4G. This has been like this for approximately 3 months now. I’m using BT disc for my Wi-fi network and that also reports local network issues but everything seems to be working correctly. Any ideas what is blocking the Hive App?

6C14DA59-2AFA-4642-8E25-6A90B0C02BA2.png

DAE6A09F-809E-4F9E-8FCA-35B7D5593292.png

11C97835-DDFD-4761-827E-43F588F52A91.png

12 REPLIES 12

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @dacidtidmarsh. 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

Please could you try connecting the Hive hub to the virgin media hub via Ethernet cable and see if this improves anything? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

It’s only got an Ethernet connection, I’m puzzled to what the app is trying to connect to. If it’s my hive hub why does it allow an external connection via phone network-internet-VM hub? But when I’m connected to the local network via Wi-fi it fails to connect! Or is is connecting to hive server?

Stop using the hub as a router mode and get a wired router to go with the BT disc and hub in modem mode

Zyxel ZyWALL 1.5 Gbps VPN Firewall Device, 2 WAN Router, load balancing, recommended for up to 10 us...

---------------------------------------------------------------

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me.

Are you able to let me know if there is anything else connected via Ethernet cable to the hub? 

Is your hub set to modem mode? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

I’ve got about 30 devices connected to the hub via Ethernet. The hub doesn’t work in modem mode, it just flashes red and nothing works. Tried that a few times and have to do a factory reset to get it working again. 

You can't use BT disc with modem mode
---------------------------------------------------------------

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me. 

Do you have an ethernet switch then? with there only being 4 ports being on the hub?  If so, whilst it will be a pain, I am trying to establish if its an issues with the hub ports, can you disconnect everything but the Ethernet connecting the VM hub to the hive.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks' for letting me know @legacy1 

Every day is a school day. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

I’ve disconnected everything and plugged hive in directly into my hub. Still doesn’t work if I try via Wi-fi on the hub Wi-fi/hub/hive. But again continues to work if I go via phones 4G/internet/hub/hive