Wow how amazing  Virgin closed my ticket without a fix 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Nat_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 12 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hitron GUI Issues

Hi fodbrothers,

I've responded to your private message so that we can chat some more about this.

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
fodbrothers
Joining in
Message 13 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Back to square 1 

What a reply 

Thanks for clearing security,

I've located your details and you'd need to contact our business customer support for further assistance with this.

https://www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk/help-and-advice/get-in-touch/contact-us

0800 052 0800

Apologies for any inconvenience,

0 Kudos
iaincd
Joining in
Message 14 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

i have a similar setup, do you happen to have a static IP as well? If so would you mind sharing how you set your use up?

0 Kudos
fodbrothers
Joining in
Message 15 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Best way is to just set the hub you have from virgin to modem only and get a good router. I got a top of the range Netgear one for abour £350 and have amazing coverage and never an issue. 

Ever now and again like all broadband things drop a bit so i just reset there pile of no good and it all seem to work again. No need for a router reset at all 

0 Kudos
iaincd
Joining in
Message 16 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks,

i have a ubiquity USG.  I thought my super hub was bad - but this hitron plumbs new depths

0 Kudos
StumpyBloke
Up to speed
Message 17 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Can I add that I'm another new Business user, unfortunately.  I was with VM residential for years with barely an issue but since transferring to the business side, the service and router are truly epically **bleep**!

I have never ever had to deal with some incompetent liars in my life.  VM Business support is full of liars.  I have been promised around half a dozen calls backs by the muppets on VMB and not one call received.

I am now on my second Hitron **bleep** router.  I have been able to access the GUI fine since it was replaced a few weeks ago, but yesterday the internet went down, so I rebooted, then the same again this morning, so I rebooted.  Now, lo and behold I cant access the GUI anymore.  Utter crap!!!!

I cant use this piece of crap in modem only mode as I have a static IP which only works with the VMB router.

I am utter enraged with this filth.  Absolutely at the end of my tether.  I feel so utterly powerless because VMB are truly garbage and couldnt give a toss about anyone or anything apart from their bottom line.

What do I do now?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
fodbrothers
Joining in
Message 18 of 21
Flag for a moderator

You can have a static ip and have the same setup 

Vm hitron in modem mode 

Router out put

0 Kudos
StumpyBloke
Up to speed
Message 19 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi.  Are you sure?  I was told by the "tech support" that it would work, and I couldn't get it to work either.  I have an Asus RT-AC68U router.

0 Kudos
iaincd
Joining in
Message 20 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I have been over on the Ubiquiti forum and the consensus is if you have a fixed ip, the Hitron has to be in router mode - you then have to have your router set up to respond to that fixed ip - if for e.g VPN.

0 Kudos