cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Packet Loss, Poor Download Speeds and an Intermittent Connection

matteng0
Joining in

I have decided to stay with Virgin after a good offer given to me upon renewal. Unfortunately for the past couple of days since I've received my upgrade (from 250 to 350) I have been experiencing poor download speeds (as low as 14Mbps and right now its testing at 52Mbps)

I have my router in my loft alongside my server, and Unifi equipment, from which I am running the speed tests for and getting the notifications for Packet Loss (with eventual connection drop out).

Could this be down to the Hub (running in modem mode) or a possible issue with power from the cable line?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

g0akc
Problem sorter

Go to the hub status pages at 192.168.100.1 (as hub is in modem mode)

What if anything does the data show?  Post the data here (without any personal information).

How is the router connected to the hub?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @matteng0 thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised regarding your connection.

We've ran some checks behind the scenes and it does appear a technician will be required in order to take a look at things for you and get this resolved.

Please expect a PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W