cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help

ShaneYork
Tuning in

For the last 3 weeks my WiFi has been going off and on I have been trying to contact you for ages about this I can't even watch my recorded shows or YouTube without it going off all the time 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Do you have access to an Ethernet cable? This would run from one of the four ports on the back of the hub and into the the back of the set top box

Can you check the white cable running into the back of the set top box and into the wall socket within the room of where the set top box is installed? This is the coax cable

Can you please advise me where you're seeing that your account has been suspended? 

Are you currently connected to the services to log into the Forum?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

70 REPLIES 70

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

Do wired connections also drop?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

It does it all the time for 3 weeks 

Wired as well not just wireless?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Both 

Hi @ShaneYork

Thanks for posting on the community forum!

I've looked into this and can see multiple signal level issues with the hub, could you reboot the hub for me and let me know once done just so I can review the levels after this?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Did that still the same 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Shane,

Sorry to hear that rebooting the Hub did not clear up the issues with your signal levels.

Are you able to perform a Pinhole reset for me please?

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.

With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar (I use a mobile phone SIM Slot tool) and do a pinhole reset.

Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.

DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Please do let me know how things are working for you after this, thanks.

Serena

Still does it every time I want to watch my recorded shows or YouTube

Just now again I'm getting tried of it been trying to contact and everything 

Hey @ShaneYork,

Thanks for taking the time to post this on our forums and I'm really sorry for the issues that you're having.

I have looked into your account and can see that the signal issues have gotten worse since my colleague checked, this would now need a technician visit to resolve the problem.

We will need to confirm a few details to be able to get the visit booked in, i will drop a private message over in a moment and we can get this started.

Regards,

Steven_L