cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Switching from Residential to business

vijayrkaras
Tuning in

Hi 

Recently I had an issue with my residential broadband and it was down 3 days due to delays in assigning engineer. We are working remotely and this downtime had huge impact. I was advised the delays are due to me being on residential contract.

Hence I have requested for a Virgin business broadband connection and this is being setup on 26-Jun-2022.

My residential contract is due to expire on 01-Jul-2022 and since I am getting business broadband service, I do not wish to renew my residential service.

I have been trying to do this over phone, online chat, Whatsapp chat, business account manager for last 7-8 days and have spent hours daily to get in touch with someone so that they confirm the disconnection of residential service. I just don't want to be double charged by Virgin residential as well as Business. I have got connected few times by sitting on phone for hours but then I was told I have not been connected with the correct department and they need to switch and then phone gets disconnected. 

I also have raised a complaint but I am getting one way resolution updates that I need to contact Virgin media on phone or online chat. I have tried that already and I am not getting connected.

Basically, I am looking for help on following confirmation:

(1) My residential contract will not be renewed after 01-Jul-2022

(2) I will not be double charged i.e. for Residential as well as Business

(3) The switch-over from residential service to business broadband service will be seamless and that there will be no service interruption

Please can some one help? 

Thanks,

Vijay.

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Recent thread here suggests it is surprisingly easy 🙂

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Switch-to-Business-Broadband/m-p/5049172#M292864

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Although, I’d reserve judgement until and unless the poster in that thread comes back with a ‘all done, worked perfectly, no issues at all’ response.

As we, alas, know, there can be a yawning chasm between what a VM rep claims or promises will happen and reality!

vijayrkaras
Tuning in

Finally sitting on phone for 1 hr 15 mins, I actually heard a person on the line who said I had come to a wrong department (leaving - which they were insisting all along to talk to) and that I need to speak to "Move" department and was sent in another call queue, fortunately, that was answered in 3-4 mins and that person confirmed the process i.e. they will install the business broadband service first and after that my account manager (I didn't know I had one), will call me the next day to confirm the cancellation of residential services and that my residential service billing will stop immediately.

That is all I was looking for and it took countless hours on call (sorry for being dramatic but really was frustrated) to get that 30 secs answer.

I hope business response times are better as that is the reason I am moving to business. Last time I had issue, the engineer was only assigned after 3 days and I had to work on O2 4g/5g mobile internet connection (crappy when you need it) hotspot to work these days in the meantime. Can't go through that again. They said business response times are better and hence switched to business internet connection.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update vijayrkaras,

Welcome back to the community.

I'm glad that it seems the team has correctly set up the transfer to a business account for you however I do apologise for the issues faced during this.

If you do have any future queries then be sure to pop up to the team so we can advise further.

Take care,

Kain