cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to Install and set TP Link X60 Mesh Please

SteveT100
Joining in

Sorry if this question has been asked before, I`m new to this type equipment. I am having VM installed on Saturday and want to have a mesh system and not access points for my house, so after taking some advice I have purchased TP link X60. When I start the set up to install the deco, should the VM Hub already be in router mode or modem mode ? Or should I set up in router mode and switch the hub to modem when first X60 is installed.

Any and all help is welcome ! 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Follow this procedure. For Deco's some have said that it needs the setting up done via the internet first - but not sure if that's correct. So play it by experimenting.

Disconnect all cables from your new router (or Deco Mesh first unit) and unplug it (or set it up first and then switch it off).

Put the VM Hub into modem mode (see VM website for “how to” details) and wait for the base light to turn magenta/purple (on a Hub3 - but not on a Hub4!). Once it’s in modem mode, the VM hub must then be powered off.

Then, set up your own router/Mesh with the WAN port set to be in DHCP & Nat mode, it may be pre-set that way anyway. Make sure it’s fully initialised (leave 5 min) and then put in the WAN cable into the VM hub. Now power up the VM hub and you should get a connection in a few minutes. Then use the recommended Deco App to connect other Mesh units to the first one. This order only needs to be done the first time you connect the router to the VM hub.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Many thanks for answering so quickly

Steve

Thanks so much for this guide.  Got 500mb package and was getting rubbish speed with my tp link until I did this.  

Hi Iaingamer,

Thanks for coming back to us and for the update, glad to hear you were able to resolve your issue with the help of our Community, if you have any further issues or just a Question please do not hesitate to reach back out?

Regards

Paul.