Menu
Koeman
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Help please, no support. Wifi/broadband issues

Hi, 

I was wondering if one of the moderators could help here.

Over the last month at least 3-4 times a day the router is just dropping connection to all WiFi devices. I've also done the pin **bleep** reboot many times.

I'm having to reboot the router and reconnect everything. 

Sometimes rather than dropping off all together a speed test shows that rather than the normal steady 90-100mbs i get it only shows 0.7mbs or so. 

I've spoken to support a few times on this issue but I just get the foreign tech team who fail to understand my issue.  Today the operator insisted that I must have changed the structure of my house when I clearly haven't. I have had virgin for nearly 10 years and the router is in the same place as always.  The operator insisted I could pay an extra £5 a month and he would fix it.

This isn't great service.

I then spoke to retentions as I'm quite prepared to cancel as I'm not getting the service I expect.  The lady said she would transfer me straight through to Scotland team. Over 30mins later nobody answered.

I've spent an hour on the phone today to get nowhere.

Please could you help. 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Help please, no support. Wifi/broadband issues

Sounds like  new hub might be what you need here, however I have concerns with the latest firmware released for the hubs so not sure that would fix it long term.

Have you ever considered investing in your own wifi kit.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Koeman
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.

Just seen I've posted this in gaming for some reason

JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No worries if it needs moving it will be .

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos