cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please, no support. Wifi/broadband issues

Koeman
Tuning in

Hi, 

I was wondering if one of the moderators could help here.

Over the last month at least 3-4 times a day the router is just dropping connection to all WiFi devices. I've also done the pin **bleep** reboot many times.

I'm having to reboot the router and reconnect everything. 

Sometimes rather than dropping off all together a speed test shows that rather than the normal steady 90-100mbs i get it only shows 0.7mbs or so. 

I've spoken to support a few times on this issue but I just get the foreign tech team who fail to understand my issue.  Today the operator insisted that I must have changed the structure of my house when I clearly haven't. I have had virgin for nearly 10 years and the router is in the same place as always.  The operator insisted I could pay an extra £5 a month and he would fix it.

This isn't great service.

I then spoke to retentions as I'm quite prepared to cancel as I'm not getting the service I expect.  The lady said she would transfer me straight through to Scotland team. Over 30mins later nobody answered.

I've spent an hour on the phone today to get nowhere.

Please could you help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JitteryPinger
Super solver

Sounds like  new hub might be what you need here, however I have concerns with the latest firmware released for the hubs so not sure that would fix it long term.

Have you ever considered investing in your own wifi kit.

The Giggitty 1

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

JitteryPinger
Super solver

Sounds like  new hub might be what you need here, however I have concerns with the latest firmware released for the hubs so not sure that would fix it long term.

Have you ever considered investing in your own wifi kit.

The Giggitty 1

Thank you.

Just seen I've posted this in gaming for some reason

No worries if it needs moving it will be .

The Giggitty 1

pvd62b
Tuning in

Very simlar experience to yours. I move here in July; having been a VM amployee (Broadcast side) and because of the speed offered I opted for VM. I did get the contracted 200Mb for the frist few days, since then I only get <50Mb. After several initial complaints to VM , an engineer was sent. He replaced the modem, I had to leave the house urgently and the engineer had left when I got back, the problem was not fixed. I have been complainig almost monthly since August, still have not had any response, but the money icontinues to leave my account.

Please VM, I do not need explanations or excuses. just get me the servfice I am paying for. Compensation is expected and will be welcom, but I feel more likely to win the lottery.

Hi pvd62b, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your connection. If you had to leave, and no one over the age of 18 was there then the engineer would have needed to have left the property. 

Taking a look at things today, the Hub is showing pro-longed power levels and signal levels. We won't be able to fix this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs