cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please ORANGE LIGHT

Wizadore
Joining in

Since moving to virgin November 2020 our hub 3 has shown the orange light. 
we’ve tried the reset and the full pinhole reset and after powering back up it reverts back to orange. 
Lag is bad on my sons PS4, frequently booting him off, and smart tv often buffering.

Ive read a few similar threads and it appears the solution is a new hub followed by an engineer visit.

could this issue be picked up here please and someone get in touch to assist?

thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Ignoring the colour of the light for now, are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables?

Is the Smart TV connected on wifi or by ethernet cable?

If you don't know, can you check ethernet connectivity (on a laptop?) to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi john

its all WiFi- we have no Ethernet cabling. 
the main issue is gaming really - that along with not having anyone technically minded in the family 🙈

after last nights pinhole reset my son hasn’t been able to get his PS4 back online at all. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

OK this is by way of diagnosing where the issue may be. If the ethernet cable connected devices are "stable" when the wifi ones drop then you have a wifi problem. If they drop simultaneously it a Hub or network connection issue.

Different pathways to solving those 2 options applies.

can you run that experiment with a laptop or computer connected on a Cat5e/6 ethernet cable and see what happens on that when wifi connections drop

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Good Morning @Wizadore, thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Have you been able to connect any of the devices via Ethernet cable since your most recent post?

If you're able to do this, we will be better placed to find the resolution to the fault

Kindest regards,

David_Bn