Menu
Highlighted
GHRMCALLISTER
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Help no phone tv or internet

Hi, I moved in March and moved my Virgin to my new location and have had nothing but problems. An engineer came and set it up and it didnt work so a new engineer was sent out who said it was not a good job!  It worked for a while but now it is off for anything up to 4 days at a time (5 at the moment) and yet it keeps saying when checking there is no problems.  The lights are green and nope there are definitely no loose cables and it is not switched off. I have rang repeatedly on the 1111 number to no avail and generally the response is extremely rude.  I used to work for Virgin so I know all about switching it off and on etc etc and when I contacted  the last customer services person I requested an engineer as there is obviously something very wrong.  As I had managed to get the internet briefly I managed to do this via chat and they said I needed to ring in.   The internet went off and surprise surprise so did my phone so I cant ring in.  any advice as its been off for 5 days until I managed to make a quick call on Tuesday, argued with them, and then miraculously the system came back on for ONE day.  Its off again.  Why not just send an engineer.... please...Smiley Frustrated  help..................

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help no phone tv or internet

When it comes back.... First job, set up a free “BQM” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of all your network disconnections, useful data to have in discussions with VM.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

As well as the “check service,” weblink there is also a Service Status number 0800 561 0061 which usually tells you of local issues, down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) that may give you more info of any known problems.

Is it everything going and staying down at the same time TV and BB ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
GHRMCALLISTER
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes, everything goes down at once

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So if you call in when its down and they test your connection what do they say? insist on a technicians visit if it is all down.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
GHRMCALLISTER
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

When the system is tested they say it is switched off. It isn't as I've got a green light.  I couldnt ring them for them to go through the tests as my phone line went down and they refuse to send an engineer out without going through the tests.  Im in catch 22, Ive done all the tests but they dont believe me and sometimes the customer services cannot understand me or vice versa. I asked outright for an engineers callout and was told no. Not sure what else to do apart from not pay my bill as Im paying for a service I am not receiving.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Dont cancel your payment it will just get passed to a debt collection agency with all that that entails.
Set up the BQM when you can.
A VM staff person will pick this thread up in a day or so and will hopefully sort you out with a technician visit

--------------------
0 Kudos
GHRMCALLISTER
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

thank you, okay I will continue paying - and fingers crossed it gets picked up!  Can I highlight it in anyway so that it does get picked up?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Nope. But ironically by marking my answer as helpful it shows the thread as "solved" (poor software) which might slow it up ! Not sure if you are able to "retract" the helpful status by clicking the "edit" function and unticking.

--------------------
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi GHRMCALLISTER,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having ongoing issues with your broadband, and now your phone line too.

It sounds like you've been through various diagnostics already so I wouldn't like to make you repeat steps again.

I'll pop you a private message so I can take a closer look at your account, just click on the envelope icon at the top of the screen.

Thank you,

Melissa 

0 Kudos