cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help again - no Wifi

ShaneYork
Tuning in

I have no WiFi again and I have been trying to contact about this again can someone help 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

14 REPLIES 14

g0akc
Problem sorter

More details please.

Do wired connections work?

Hub status details?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

Varner69
Joining in

@ShaneYork wrote:

I have no WiFi again and I have been trying to contact about this again can someone Tell The Bell

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

without Wi-Fi, i mean without Internet is so frustrating and no one is solving our problem is even more frustrating.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page http://www.virginmedia.com/servicechecker

If no faults found:

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait a day or two for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I checked there was no faults in the area and it went off again tonight its every few days it does it 

Hi ShaneYork, 

Thanks for coming back to us and I'm sorry to hear that you are having continued issues with your WiFi network. Checking our systems, I can see all is looking well with the Hub in terms of power levels, uptime and time outs. There are no faults open that may be affecting you either. 
There are so many things that can influence a WiFi connection some of which include but are not limited to, a fish tank being in the same room, walls being built with concrete instead of brick, it could even be that your next door neighbours router is interfering with yours. Due to this, we are only able to offer limited help. Please have a look here: WiFi Help

The Hub's location could also be causing the coverage problem so we do need to check the positioning of it. Can you please ensure the following: 

• Out in the open
  • Next to the TV not behind it
  • Away from large bodies of water (e.g. fish tanks)
  • Away from baby monitors and cordless phones
  • Away from microwaves

Think of the Hub as a radio, and WiFi as the sound - the further away you are from the radio, or the more obstacles that are in the way (walls, electronic devices etc.), the quieter the radio & the poorer the WiFi. 
If that doesn't help, as you have the Hub 3, you can download our Connect App which will allow you to scan areas of your home and will offer help. You can view more information on that by clicking here

Please keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It is happening again and I am getting fed up with it everytime it doing it I have tried everything and nothing is working I have check the faults and there's isn't any in my area I wish someone could just come out and sort it because I am thinking of leaving the company now

I have been with the company for ages and it happened before and it turned out it was broken and I think it is again 

Anonymous
Not applicable

VM seem very keen to blame fish tanks.  I reckon it's probably not fish tanks. 

To see if there are wider issues set up a BQM and share uts link here https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

@ShaneYork wrote:

It is happening again and I am getting fed up with it everytime it doing it I have tried everything and nothing is working I have check the faults and there's isn't any in my area I wish someone could just come out and sort it because I am thinking of leaving the company now

I have been with the company for ages and it happened before and it turned out it was broken and I think it is again 

Hi @ShaneYork,

I am really sorry to hear that these issues with your Wi-Fi connection are ongoing. Did you follow the advice and suggestions provided by my colleague in their earlier post? Have you downloaded and used the Connect App to see what that suggests?

Along with this, can you confirm if your wired connection is also experiencing these problems, or is it only your wireless/Wi-Fi connection that seems to be impacted?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Yes I did all that and is it still doing it everyday and when I want to watch my recorded shows or YouTube someone did come out and he said he fixed it but it isn't

I would prefer someone to come out and check for me