Menu
doo888
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Help! Website suddenly stopped loading/being accessible via Virgin Media

Hello all,

Appreciate any help with this as I am completely bewildered.

I have been able to access https://mail.kdb.co.kr/ which is my work's web based email website for years but suddenly this morning it no longer loads when I try to access when connected to my VM at home. 

I have tried switching off/on my VM Hub 3 router, doing a hard reset on it, but nothing works.  I have tried three different computers, different browsers - every time it just hangs and I get "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT" in MS Edge as my main browser (Chrome is the same). All other websites seem to load without any problem. 

I am able to access  the website with the three computers/various browsers when I connect to a different ISP as I used my neighbour's BT Wifi to see if it was a Virgin issue, which it appears to be. 

Same goes for trying to access the site on my iPhone when connected to my VM wifi - it doesn't load, but when I switch off wifi and just use mobile data (I'm in Three), it loads. 

My work IT dept. have also said it must be my ISP rather than the actual website or the computers I'm using as the website works for everyone else, even other colleagues using VM at home. Needless to say I can't get through to VM on the phone!

Any help, ideas, or pointers would be greatly appreciated. Very many thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help! Website suddenly stopped loading/being accessible via Virgin Media

working here.
what you describe the website has blocked your ip address

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

doo888
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. As a complete amateur - how would I find out my Virgin Media IP address?  Presumably when I am able to access the website on my phone or with BT Wifi, it's a different IP address?

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

correct any other connection will be its own IP.
only the website server admins can unblock your ip.
Nothing VM can do as its blocked on the site end

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
doo888
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Do you know how I can check my IP address so I can tell the website server admin/IT team which IP to unblock on their end?
0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

https://whatismyipaddress.com/