cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having to reset hub 3 on daily basis

LittleA
Tuning in

We have to reset our Hub 3 every morning to enable our daughter to access her works network. Without switching the hub 3 off and on again, her connection is very slow. After the reboot it is fine for a while. A reboot is often needed in the afternoon as well.

We also have problems with our smart TV which often loses connection to the wifi. A reboot of the hub 3 often sorts this. We've had these problems for months.

7 REPLIES 7

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi LittleA,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to see you have been facing a few issues with your connection recently which has caused issues with your Daughter working from home and your smart TV, I can see you have spoken to us recently and they were no issues, I can see since you have spoken to us there is now a SNR fault logged in your area, You might find that these services are intermittent at the moment: Virgin Fibre and Voice services. We are sorry and working hard to resolve this for you, this was raised on 28/02/22 @ 11:19 and the estimated fix time is Today @ 18:00, all fix times are estimated and may change, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Paul. 

Hi Paul,

Service seems a little better, only had to reset the hub 3 once in the last couple of days. I'll monitor if over the next couple of weeks to see if things have improved significantly.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for updating the thread LittleA. 

Yes do please let us know how you get on 🙂

Thanks

Nat

In last week we have had the following issues

• 14th March - Restarted hub 3 as main TV couldn't connect to wifi
  • 15th March - Restarted hub 3 as all devices couldn't connect - green wifi symbol on hub 3
  • 19th March - Restarted hub 3 twice as devices couldn't connect. Last time the green wifi symbol was flashing constantly on the hub 3

Does this suggest a fault with the hub 3 or with our connection?

Hi LittleA,

Thanks for posting, and sorry you've had to reboot the hub a few times recently.

Looking at things from our side everything looks to be within the specifications we would expect.

Have there been any issue with the connection since posting?

Alex_Rm

Has been ok yesterday and today. Is it usual to have to reboot so frequently? I speak with family and friends on other networks and they never or rarely have to reboot their router.

Would it be a good idea to get a timer switch and get it to switch the hub3 off and on each day? Would that have any downsides?

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @LittleA

Thanks for letting us know, I'm glad to hear that your connection has been okay recently. If you do experience further issues with your Hub 3 again, I would recommend trying a Pin Hole reset on the Hub next. To do this, follow these instructions:

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.
With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar (I use a mobile phone SIM Slot tool) and do a pinhole reset.
Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.
DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.
This will remove all devices that are registered on the Hub, you can then readd the ones you use which may help alleviate the issues 🙂 This will be a factory reset on your Hub, so make sure to write down any passwords beforehand.
Best wishes,

Serena