cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had virgin install on 24/3/23 and its never worked

Jonny55
Joining in

Does anybody know of any broadband providers that work in bury as virgin doesn't. Had it fitted on the 24 of March, had 5 technicians over a week and still nothing. Contact center is not very helpful can't get a number to call for help if anybody has any advice on how to cancel, please let me know.

2 children husband and wife no Internet in this modern day for over 10 days, BIG THANKS VIRGIN!

5 REPLIES 5

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

you have 14 days to cancel without charges - you can ring and get the run around from dropping calls to being ignored - staff will tell you here they cannot help - thats not totally true but they tend to run away from such problems

best is a letter - yes one of those things you write and put a stamp on - how quant for a major communications company - if you do that send it registered - i think its the Sunderland address - but check

Tony.
Sacked VIP

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Jonny55, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issue you've been experiencing with the services since the installation.

Can you please confirm if you've been able to gain any kind of connection at all, or is this an issue with Wi-Fi services only?

Do please come back to us as soon as possible and we'll do all we can to help. 

Or alternatively, if you can confirm if you've taken the advice kindly offered by @-tony-, that would be handy to know.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

STILL NOT WORKING, TWO WEEKS AGO IT WAS INSTALLED, WHAT A SHAMBLES!!!

JUST BEEN LET DOWN BY THE WRONG TYPE OF VIRGIN MEDIA ENGINEER, CAN FIX THAT LOVE!!! WE CANT GO UP POLES.

SHOULD NEVER OF SOLD SIGNED ME UP TO VIRGIN MEDIA IFS NOT WORKING. 

Hi @Jonny55,

Apologies for the delayed response here. I'm very sorry to hear that these issues have been ongoing and that the technicians were unable to perform the necessary works.

Have you been able to speak with the team about this since your post? If so, what have they advised?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

ok so actually got somewhere, another post on here kinda had the answer will find it later to give some credit.  

but basically it is as always the crappy middleware branding GUI that virgin out on causing or at-least making the problem hard to fix.

important note for those that should know: changing the Wi-Fi details messes with the hub landline and and EBULS attached it shouldn’t have anything to do with that, but that’s likley why they hub5 was classed as incompatible for so long! 

basically if the ip table / dhcp / dns gets overloaded turning on off the Wi-Fi and clearing refreshing connected devices should solve the issue but it doesn’t.  Several changes in the gui don’t save correctly this has been consistent for me since hub2 if not hub1.  Changing the Wi-Fi name or password doesn’t actually change both bands and smart mode also doesn’t engage or disengage correctly.   On another post a user noted that on the hub5/4/3 changing the Wi-Fi details during setting or using the setup page linked in his post worked for him.   His link didn’t work for me as the hub five lod page is in a different location and I couldn’t get to it without a factory reset so his method of doing it twice didn’t work. However multiple changing of the settings via the start up page did,  be warned this is extremely buggy! You can actually change the default password of the hub and lock yourself out as the hub shows it’s resetting the details to the default details it isn’t.  

basically 24 hours of pissing about with Wi-Fi names and passwords did the trick with lots of other head banging connecting via pc, mac, tablet mobile with manual ip details.

I try do a better right up later as I’m not in the right frame of mind now because of VMs incompetence and bloody money saving schemes putting POS equipment out for the public and not giving a **bleep**.   VM you’re really not a good service!