cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB5 Green Flashing Light

BillBudd
Superfast

Installed the new HUB5 this morning.  It appears to be working but I have a permanent flashing green light.  According to the documentation the hub is downloading and updating.

I find it hard to believe it would be doing this for several hours.

Any ideas or thoughts anyone?

Bill

I do not work for VM. Services: 2 x HD TV (+ Sky Sports, BT sport), x2 Tivo boxes (WiFi) Hub5 1gb, Talk Weekend Phone on IP, o2 Mobile SIM on iPhone, unlimited data, texts & minutes.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I had the same problem with my Hub 5 a while back. In my case I did I pin hole reset and reset it back to modem mode and green light was solid. Maybe a problem with the hub not resetting itself after a update but who knows with some of the problems some others have been having with the Hub5.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

BillBudd
Superfast

Update - green light has now been flashing on the HUB5 for three days.  Everything appears to be working.

Bill

I do not work for VM. Services: 2 x HD TV (+ Sky Sports, BT sport), x2 Tivo boxes (WiFi) Hub5 1gb, Talk Weekend Phone on IP, o2 Mobile SIM on iPhone, unlimited data, texts & minutes.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI @BillBudd, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you're having concerns with the flashing light on your hub 5.  We've had a look at our systems from here and cannot find anything that explains the issues you're having.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the screen.

Regards

Lee

I had the same problem with my Hub 5 a while back. In my case I did I pin hole reset and reset it back to modem mode and green light was solid. Maybe a problem with the hub not resetting itself after a update but who knows with some of the problems some others have been having with the Hub5.

I just did a HUB reboot (not reset) and low and behold I now have a solid white light. After the reboot everything connected, then a disconnect occurred, then everything connected again. Slightly scary but so far so good.....

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi BillBudd, thanks for getting back to me privately.  

This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

Yes, very grateful for help received.