cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB3

SandyMacD
Joining in

Replaced faulty Hub 2 with new HUB 3 bjut this, from square one, shows permanent RED light at base indicating overheat? Performed all diagnostics from the Virgin site including factory reset but with no change

Do I require a replacement HUB if only for safety reassurance?

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is the Hub actually working?

It isn't in "modem mode" by any chance is it? In MM the base light is Magenta - a purpley/red. If normal mode it should indeed be white (sometimes the old LED gets a tinge yellowish/pinkish)

I will ask VM to come and look here - in the meantime do switch it off when you are out or in bed

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @SandyMacD

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding the red light on your Hub 3, are you using your Hub in Modem Mode?

I would like to arrange an engineer visit for you, if you Hub is overheating then our engineer will replace your faulty Hub on the spot. I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required.

Best wishes,

Serena

Serena 

Many thanks

For some reason, your private message is hiding from me this morning

Could you possibly try again and i will respond with the required details

Apologies

Sandy

John

Thanks for response 

The kit works perfectly with 4 devices on WiFi and one via ehternet cable!!

Only snag is constant warning light

You will see here that Serena  has the problem in hand

Thanks 

Sandy MacD

Thanks for coming back to us @SandyMacD.

Serena is offline at the moment, I will send over a private message right now and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L