Re: HUB3....NO WIFI FOR A WEEK

appreciate info....thanks

0 Kudos
greenrivet
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Vm say problem now fixed.....but still have no wifi on any devices....rebooted....still same....

Hello,

You have asked us to keep you up to date on the problem which is affecting your Telephone and TV service(s).

Fault Ref: F006910538

This problem has now been fixed.

The Virgin Media Team

P.S. We don't pick up emails from this mailbox, so please don't reply to this email address.

0 Kudos
greenrivet
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 16
Flag for a moderator

vm say its fixed.....see below.....its not fixed on any of my devices.....rebooted still faulty

Hello,

You have asked us to keep you up to date on the problem which is affecting your Telephone and TV service(s).

Fault Ref: F006910538

This problem has now been fixed.

The Virgin Media Team

P.S. We don't pick up emails from this mailbox, so please don't reply to this email address.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 14 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Turn Hub off, unplug from the mains for 5 minutes and then start it up and see if it connects by cable and if it does check the wifi ? If that still doesnt work I would call it in as a faulty Hub. It is difficult to know what fault on the network could be affecting wifi only? 

Any forum experts out there got any suggestions on what that could be?

Could always try a Hub reset as well -

Push in the pin on the back/side/bottom of the Hub with the end of a paperclip until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold for a "timed" 60 seconds do NOT restart the Hub after that - just let it reconnect.  Your passwords/passphrase for both Hub and Wifi will revert to those printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 15 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I personally don't know of any fault that would affect Wifi only.  I also got the same message on my status report but my wifi was and is still working.

I'm asking questions about that status update (I have my thoughts about it but I'd rather not elaborate) - It's definitely not one I'd expect to see posted.

I do concur with the advice given by @jbrennand 

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

greenrivet
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 16
Flag for a moderator

UPDATE ..RESOLVED

thanks guys for all advise. 

after vm stated problem fixed,  and mine was not,   i did a factory reset as you said and yes,   wifi now working.  i will cancel vm eng visit planned........

0 Kudos