cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB upgrade required ..

Pelliott
Tuning in

Can you advise how you get a replacement hub! we are still on super hub 2 , so about 5 behind the latest. Wasn’t offered anything newer at latest package change.. the signal is terrible, constantly cuts out and the feedback to the tv is unbearable..when hub is on the tv constantly flickers..

you can not even use the Virgin connect app for help as it is so old it doesn’t feature on it…

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
9 REPLIES 9

Client62
Hero

Thanks but I’ve tried this in the past and same again there, it doesn’t allow you to connect to the older hubs through the app.. as only 3/4/5 are listed, when you click older hubs says can not support?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A VM person should be able to help on here in a day or so

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Pelliott thanks for your post here, although we're sorry to hear of your concerns raised here.

We've ran some checks here and there are no network outages, so everything should be running fine for you here.

In terms of a Hub upgrade, in order to receive this you would need to upgrade your broadband speed - the Hub 2 does support up to the M250 package so you'd need to go above this in order to receive the upgrade.

I hope this helps and if you wish to discuss the upgrade further, the team are available on the phones via 150 / 0345 454 1111.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks for this however your website states differently

What Hub upgrades am I eligible for?

This depends on what Hub you have.

I have the Super Hub 1, 2 or 2ac

Existing Virgin Media customers with a Super Hub 2ac, or older, can easily upgrade to a Hub 3, at no extra cost.

Download the virgin connect app and connect to the current Hub via 3G or 4G on your phone – without your Virgin WiFi being turned on. It will suggest to upgrade to the Hub 3 and you can collect this free from your local shop. There will be no new contract or price change.

Hi @Pelliott,

I've had a peek at our systems and can see you spoke with our team this afternoon and they've ordered a Hub 3 for you 😊

If you need help with anything else, let us know. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
For completion... did you have to upgrade your package to get the Hub3 or was it just a straight swap?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

They have finally agreed to replace the hub and I did not need to change the package to get it 🙂
it has taken a while to organise and a few attempts so fingers crossed it appears!

thanks to everyone for their help

Hey @Pelliott, thanks for the update on the forums.

I'm glad that you have been able to get a new hub. 🙂
Let us know how it is once you get it! Send a picture as well so everyone can see. 

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs