cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 5 wi-fi connection issue

Blondair
Joining in

Installed new Virgin HUB 5 router since when one of my Win 10 laptops cannot connect to the Internet. It worked OK on previous router.  In Settings the router SSID does not appear in “Available Networks” but does appear in “Manage Available Networks”.  Laptop connects to router OK using ethernet cable. Other Win 10 laptops work OK on HUB 5. I have tried restoring router and resetting laptop Network Adapter. Advice appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I am all Mac - so not speaking from a position of any authority 🙂

But remember the Hub5 is - in reality - in the trial phase - and so a number of issues are to be expected. Try searching this forum for Hub5 issues. I think I recall someone saying that some older (or was it newer?) Laptops running W10 had issues connecting because the Hub5 is actually wifi6 (802.11ax) enabled and that may clash with Wifi5/4 enabled laptops (or something like that 😎)

What make model of laptops do you have that connect or dont connect and what wifi cards do they have - and a Windows person might be able to help

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thank your for your reply. The laptop in question is HP Pavilion g series/ I bought two together some years ago and they are almost identical except that one is AMD and the other is Intel. They both have Realtek Network Adapters. I have compared Adapter settings with them side by side and as far as I can tell they are configured the same! The other two are a Surface Pro and a HP Envy 360. They all work fine apart from the first. I have done many checks such as services comparisons and they seem to be configured the same. I have wondered if there is a setting somewhere that makes the SSIDs "hidden" but haven't found anything. Most peculiar. I'm not keen to roll back to a previous Router, but.......

Hi @Blondair, thanks for your post and I'm sorry that you're having problems with our Hub 5.

I know the Hub is new, but have you tried doing the pinhole reset to restore the Hub back to its complete factory settings to see if this works?

As @jbrennand has mentioned, it may be unfortunately be a compatibility issue with your laptop over the Hub's Wifi6 technology I'm afraid, which means it might not be possible to resolve this particular issue.

I've checked your account though, and I know you've raised a complaint having spoken to us over the phone very recently which appears to be resolved to your satisfaction.

Please let me know however if there's anything else I can do for you.

Regards

Tom_W

rich1
Tuning in

Not sure if this is solved but had same issue. Solved! it is your computer driver --  probably. 

See post today Computer-laptop not seeing new hub5  network

Hi @rich1 thanks for your post here in the community.

That's a really insightful post and greatly appreciated - thanks so much for your contribution and updating this thread for other users.

Many thanks

Tom_W