cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 5 problems

robjon
On our wavelength

Set up my hub 5 last week. All mobiles, laptop and desktop are working as they should but the Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) connects ok but is very slow to load internet pages and on Facebook it won`t load pictures. I`ve still got my old hub. Can VM re-instate my old one as this is only a trial hub and obviously still has internal bug issues

42 REPLIES 42

Almost deja vu reading these posts…upgraded to 1gig and Volt from 500, now paying the extra but getting same download speeds.

Have chatted with various advisors while accessing Sam knows and they acknowledge input  around 1134 but download 500-550.

The stock answers…

1. Oh can’t understand that

2. Have you checked your cables

3. Have you reset ?

Good value Virgin…Less speed for greater cost.

Is there absolutely nobody to help ??

Hi JayBee71,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your broadband looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. 

Can I firstly ask how you've performed the speed tests in the past please? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

JayBee71
On our wavelength
Samknows (per advisors advice)

Previously…Ookla, Meteor

As an update I now have a brand new dell laptop and that is firing through a speed of 55mbs, slightly up on 5he old work machine but way lower than would expect. Looked up spec of laptop and says it has wifi6 so would I be correct in expecting a higher speed, as mentioned before speed tests show 1000 plus to the router but then desperately slow, apart from my mobile.

Deja vu again..
Mine is a two months old Dell PC with wifi 6

Just had another few tries…
To the hub..1138
Download…527 av.

Has anyone tried a wifi pod will this help slow speeds on the 5ghz? Been on website and see they are free as on 1gigabit. Cannot see easily how to order them

Hey Cambolino, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some issues with your speeds.

You can order a pod from the Connect app, have you tried to order one from there?

Pods can be chargeable however they are free on 1GB, Volt or Oomph bundles.

Please do let me know you need any help to order one after trying these steps. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Is there anyone at all at Virgin who is prepared to help with my download issues.

SamKnows and Virgin Connect both report over 1100 hub speed but 500-550 download speed.

I have spent hours over the last months talking with advisors who just give the usual stock replies.

This is so frustrating, paying extra for 1gig and getting the same speeds as before.

Hi  I have the connect app but cannot see where to order a wifi pod

When I have been talking to Virgin they have constantly said they have tested the speeds on my fairly new Hub5, however they will test it every day for 30 days.

I have received an email this morning to tell me that the speeds cannot be checked as the hub is too old and I need a new one.

No comments needed I think.