cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 5 problems

robjon
On our wavelength

Set up my hub 5 last week. All mobiles, laptop and desktop are working as they should but the Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) connects ok but is very slow to load internet pages and on Facebook it won`t load pictures. I`ve still got my old hub. Can VM re-instate my old one as this is only a trial hub and obviously still has internal bug issues

42 REPLIES 42

robjon
On our wavelength
??????

EvoVM
On our wavelength

I've also got issues with the Samsung Tab A 2016 and the Hub 5. I've separated the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands and while 2.4GHz connects and I get a similar speed on that band that I did with the Hub 3, the connection drops out about every 20 minutes for circa 15 seconds (even if the tablet is next to the Hub). 5GHz connects straight away but initially says "Connected, No Internet". After about 30 seconds it does connect but is dial-up slow as you describe.

As a temporary measure if you can't get your Hub 3 reactivated quickly I'd  suggest separating bands and use a 2.4GHz connection.

Hi robjon

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're not happy with the Hub 5. I can see you've spoke to the team since posting and they've agreed to re-provision the hub 3. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@EvoVM wrote:

I've also got issues with the Samsung Tab A 2016 and the Hub 5. I've separated the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands and while 2.4GHz connects and I get a similar speed on that band that I did with the Hub 3, the connection drops out about every 20 minutes for circa 15 seconds (even if the tablet is next to the Hub). 5GHz connects straight away but initially says "Connected, No Internet". After about 30 seconds it does connect but is dial-up slow as you describe.

As a temporary measure if you can't get your Hub 3 reactivated quickly I'd  suggest separating bands and use a 2.4GHz connection.

Could you go to www.samknows.com/realspeed on the device you're having problems with to see what it reports? It'll do a test to the Hub 5 and then one to your device.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Dean_C

Hi all, 

Our support teams are currently looking into this issue. 

Please can you confirm the model of device you're using and which Android version the device is running on?

Thanks, 

Dean C 
Community Moderator

EvoVM
On our wavelength

The Samknows test doesn't work for me, flashes up briefly then says my Samknows device is offline (even though it isn't).

EvoVM
On our wavelength

@Dean_C wrote:

Hi all, 

Our support teams are currently looking into this issue. 

Please can you confirm the model of device you're using and which Android version the device is running on?

Thanks, 

Dean C 
Community Moderator

My device is a Samsung Tab A (2016) model number SM-T850 running Android 8.1.0.

What progress is there on VM sorting out the HUB 5 glitches?. I too am having problems  with a 2017 Samsung Tablet viz:-

Samsung SM-T580 10.1" / Android 8.1.0 tablet worked perfectly until I upgraded from VM's 500mbps Hub 3 to the VM Ultimate Volt bundle inclusive of the 1000 mbps (Gig1) Hub 5 router on 4th February .  Having connected via new wifi password and gone to 'settings' and reset network settings, my A6 Tablet has become more or less unuseable. I have checked for updates and rebooted the tablet and router several times to no avail.

Hub is located in upstairs study adjacent to Desktop PC which performs perfectly. However all Wifi connected devices such as TV & DVD Apps, Xaomi Mobile Phone & Logi Security camera work absolutely perfectly in my ground floor sitting room and conservatory.

Samsungs Faults include:

This community login took about 20 min to connect.

Several Google Play Apps refusing to open.

Tablet's 'SPEEDTEST' fail to connect on most attempts but if & when successful, registers Wifi speeds of about 5mbps, up to 30 mbps MAX. Previous Hub 3 always achieved average 250 mbps. However HUB 5 SPEEDTEST on my mobile phone located adjacent to this Tablet registers 350mbps average.

Web page Tabs refusing to refresh or 'hanging' for 2 to 15 minutes before opening.

NEW tabs generally fail to open.

Ebay listings refusing to 'relist'.

However a few websites do open in a few seconds but not in millisecs as they did previously.

I have cleared Temp Internet files and cache etc, run virus and malware programs but also to no avail.

I haven't yet done default reset nor factory reset as I don't know the consequences of either actions.

Is contacting VM tech geeks my best next option?.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's unlikely that you have a Hub 5 if you are on 1Gb as it's currently incompatible. More likely Hub 4. 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Anonymous wrote:

It's unlikely that you have a Hub 5 if you are on 1Gb as it's currently incompatible. More likely Hub 4. 

not true - the 5 works with 1gig but VM are not knowingly issuing 5's for 1 gig but there are some out there on that speed - there are other problems in that pods will not work and the phone lie is also not available 

Tony.
Sacked VIP