cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 5 goes offline for 1 to 2 minutes every couple of hours

JoDawg1990
Joining in

Hi,

Ever since this HUB 5 has been installed this internet has constantly been going down every hour or sometimes twice within the hour it only occurs for about 1-2 minutes.

There were major line issues in my area apparently but those seem resolved according to the systems, I think there is still an issue.

I've tried all troubleshooting re-setting up the HUB 5, All devices mobiles laptops and phones,

go offline when this happens. I've looked on the router settings for an error at the timecode when it happens and it's sometimes has the below error

MDD message timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

I need compensation for the fact I can't game or work properly without getting messed up this has been happening for weeks I've tried to call and not going a satisfactory response,

I'm hoping things will change now.

Many Thanks,

JD

19 REPLIES 19

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The Hub5 is not officially released yet - its to selected customers by invite only. You are testing it for them Search this board and you will see multiple issue and Firmware glitches.

Call in and tell them its not fit for your purpose and insist they reactivate your old Hub (if you still have it) of send a replacement Hub3/4.

Was all ok before you accepted their "invitation" - notwithstanding any known faults?

To check for faults, try the “check service,”Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Use the hub in modem mode.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi JoDwag1990,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

So sorry for the issues faced, from checking our services currently I can't seem to find any readings that would impact your service, how is your service now?

Also are you able to set a BQM up? To do this please follow the link below.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality)
Give it some time to gather data and then click 'Share Live graph' and paste the 'Direct Link' into the forum for us to review the issues. 

Kain

Hi All,

Still happening just as bad.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/b1905a558432e9712b8a243562995f8add...

That's what it looks like, massive red spike is death for a few mins at each point,

This is more patheticness from Virgin, Why would one offer a HUB that doesn't work?

Help

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced JoDawg1990,

May I ask, did this issue occur before the Hub 5 was installed too?

Thanks,

Kain

No

Phoned Virigin again as this happens too often, THEY SAID WE WILL TEST YOUR CONNECTION FOR A WEEK THIS HAS BEEN HAPPENING FOR 5 WEEKS AND I'VE BEEN CONSTANTLY RREPORTING IT, I'd rather have 50mbps and a stable connection that 10gbps and it dropping every hour, THIS IS PATHETIC, If this isn't dealt with soon, I'm leaving this crap

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Please post your power levels and network log.  Once done we can comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Unhelpful, How is this done lve put the broadband monitor link there. I have no idea what in the **bleep** power level means. I think I'll the virgin mods to explain how this is done if needed. I shouldn't have to research virgins issues. I don't get paid for this, we pay virgin for a stable conmection. More BS