cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 5 goes offline for 1 to 2 minutes every couple of hours

JoDawg1990
Joining in

Hi,

Ever since this HUB 5 has been installed this internet has constantly been going down every hour or sometimes twice within the hour it only occurs for about 1-2 minutes.

There were major line issues in my area apparently but those seem resolved according to the systems, I think there is still an issue.

I've tried all troubleshooting re-setting up the HUB 5, All devices mobiles laptops and phones,

go offline when this happens. I've looked on the router settings for an error at the timecode when it happens and it's sometimes has the below error

MDD message timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;

I need compensation for the fact I can't game or work properly without getting messed up this has been happening for weeks I've tried to call and not going a satisfactory response,

I'm hoping things will change now.

Many Thanks,

JD

19 REPLIES 19

Hi @JoDawg1990

I am sorry to hear you are still having issues with the Hub 5.

I have taken a look at things from our side and we can't identify any issues with the broadband service or equipment. 

Have you tried a factory re set of the hub? The Hub will return to factory settings, so if you’ve made any changes such as updating your WiFi password, you’ll need to set these up again after the Hub has reset. Please follow these steps :
Make sure the Hub is switched on at the wall and at the back of the Hub
On the back of the Hub, press the pinhole reset button for 10 seconds
We recommend using a pin/pen for this as the hole is small
Allow the Hub a few minutes to clear its settings and reboot

If you would like to revert back to your previous hub please let us know and we can arrange that for you. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

This issue fixed itself today,

New issue - Download is stuck at 45Mbps, Usually 500-650+

Many Thanks
JD

Hi JoDawg1990

Thanks for coming back to us. How are you running the speedtests, wired/wireless and what devices? I've done a system check and there's nothing showing that is causing any speed issues. Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Wired and Wireless, laptops phones, computer When I reset the hub it goes back to the usual 600 for about an hour then drops back,

Now it's saying on my Router management that my Telephony is disabled?

Could you confirm?

Many Thanks,
JD

Hi John

did you get this resolved?

im on hub 5 number four and without WIFI again. Another engineer coming on Friday but it’s defo the Hub as our mains boosters are working.

Eileen

I need this resolved. When I factory reset the router I get 600 mbps for about an hour or two then the internet fully disconnects all devices goes down, flashes on the hub then restarts and now the internet download is 35 mbps, I need compensation for this as I'm not getting speed paid for, I'm also phoning who said monitoring lines, THERE'S A SYSTEMIC ISSUE I'm not getting the speed paid for, can we can an engineer to verify the issue/the issue exists.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi JoDwag1990,

Welcome back to the community.

From checking our service I can see that a technician appointment is booked in, let us know how the service is after!

Thanks,

Kain

So it appears one of our Ethernet connected devices was the issue.

everything is now working including the Hive.

Hi @WEEFITZ thanks a lot for your confirmation - really pleased things are now sorted for you!

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need any further help in the future.

Many thanks

Tom_W