cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 5 WiFi WILL NOT ENABLE

IKbrunel
Fibre optic

INFO FROM:  Kei_M (Community Manager

"As it's related to the Hub 5 only, I'd suggest posting it on the main public boards."

Unable to activate 2.4G or 5G wireless

Green enable arrow always resets to the off position.

I have re booted numerous times.

This is a so called trial Hub 5, previously when I have attempted a full "pinhole reset, the current software has reverted back to original, so I am very reluctant to try a full pinhole reset.

IKbrunel_0-1662454374947.png

IKbrunel_1-1662454412082.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry that this is still ongoing for you @IKbrunel

Please can you try a 60 second pin hole reset on the router. This will revert any customisations back to factory settings and full update the router with firmware/software updates. Please do not reboot the router whilst it is completing the pin hole request. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey IKbrunel, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to see you are having some connection issues.

I have taken a look on our side and they seem to be activated now, how often has this be happening for?

Please do let me know. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thanks for your reply, it may show enabled on your side, but it certainly is not enabled on my side.

Nor is it possible to enable it.

First notified to community circa. 2 weeks ago.

IKbrunel_0-1662630930833.png

IKbrunel_1-1662631011552.png

Sorry that this is still ongoing for you @IKbrunel

Please can you try a 60 second pin hole reset on the router. This will revert any customisations back to factory settings and full update the router with firmware/software updates. Please do not reboot the router whilst it is completing the pin hole request. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

I have completed a full restore as below.,  all software has remained intact, and WiFi is now fully operational.

Restore to factory defaults

Restoring to factory default will mean any changes you have made to the settings of your Hub 5 will be lost.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey IKbrunel, thank you for letting us know this.

How has your connection been since the weekend everything as it Should be? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

YEP!!!   All ok. ....so far.

Thanks for letting us know @IKbrunel and please get in touch, if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks, but have just noticed... 

Smart WiFi is greyed out, cannot set. I believe this has to be enabled in order that the intelligent POD will function correctly.

IKbrunel_0-1663162341989.png

Hey IKbrunel, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to see you are having some connection issues.

I would be more than happy to take a look at this for you, I will send you a PM.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?