cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 5 Where is it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quite a few websites are telling VM customers like me are being told their terrible WiFi Hub3's are to be replaced and just call Customer Service to get one posted?

If you have called Customer Services like me you will know this is BS

The VM customer service agent fobs you off even if your wifi is poor and has been for years!  Pretty poor service.

As most devices in my household now support wifi 6E or AX it would be nice to move this way?

What are other customers experiencing?  For years the contention in my area was such that when one NEW customer was added it was not uncommon to be disconnected!

80 REPLIES 80

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Hub 5 is in an invite only pilot.

The Hub 3 is still the standard kit for most customers, and for Gig1 customers it's the Hub 4.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
If you want something done sooner get your own WiFi router with 1Gb ports and use hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, invite only.  But that is not what is being touted.  Also as I have had Hub3 for years and am in what was a high contention area I am wondering where my invite is?  Be useful to see what the Hub 5 wifi 6 performance is like?  Pass my name/email onto the team please and I await the invite lol.  Someone from VM has been hammering the answer phone/mobiles but NEVER leaving any messages so have treated as spammers. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

BenMCR, are you a spy for VM then?  Of course any opinion I express is my own!  lol.

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, invite only.  But that is not what is being touted. 

Where have they been touting it? Where does it say that you are entitled or eligible to one?

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Anonymous wrote:

BenMCR, are you a spy for VM then?  Of course any opinion I express is my own!  lol.

Not a spy no, as I'm always clear that I work for Virgin Media. However I'm also not a member of the forum team, so I post here in a personal capacity.

The signature is to make clear that my posts aren't official Virgin Media statements, and all staff who post here in a personal capacity will have them.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, invite only.  But that is not what is being touted.  Also as I have had Hub3 for years and am in what was a high contention area I am wondering where my invite is?  Be useful to see what the Hub 5 wifi 6 performance is like?  Pass my name/email onto the team please and I await the invite lol.  Someone from VM has been hammering the answer phone/mobiles but NEVER leaving any messages so have treated as spammers. 

It'll be pot luck whether you'll get an invite as some people have been with VM for years and never get an invite to trial any equipment.

You'd better not keep going on about it as this thread could get locked as another thread got locked for discussing the Hub 5.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As most devices in my household now support wifi 6E or AX it would be nice to move this way?”

You would think that someone with such devices would already have taken the step to put their Hub 3.0 in Modem Mode and purchased a suitable router to support these devices.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@Ernie_C wrote:

As most devices in my household now support wifi 6E or AX it would be nice to move this way?”

You would think that someone with such devices would already have taken the step to put their Hub 3.0 in Modem Mode and purchased a suitable router to support these devices.

What! no! people expect the ISP to do this after all VM added WiFi to the hub!😋

---------------------------------------------------------------