cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 4 problems

dwsumme
Joining in

I recently set up my new Hub 4 - all wifi equipment working fine apart from my laptop which will not connect to the internet via the new router, I've tried the usual router/computer reboot fix on a number of occassions without success - I am managing with an ethernet cable but for work I normally use the laptop in a different area from the router which is causing major problems, plus my wireless printer no longer works. Also the router is running rather warm, something my hub 3 did not do - is that normal

11 REPLIES 11

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A number of people have reported the Hub4 running warmer. Is it enclosed or out in the open?

AIRI - one solution is to put 4 little stick on rubber "feet" on its base - I think the internal fan blows out through the bottom of the Hub. Others are using their own home-made little fans to keep cooler air circulating around it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks John - the router is out in the open but there is no evidence of a fan running inside, unless its comletely silent

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
I cant really comment as I have never even seen a Hub4 ! Just search this forum for Hub4 and.... hot or warm or fan and see the responses there.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

My Hub 4 runs quite warm too. Has your SSID changed with the new hub? 

Hub 5 Modem Mode, Asus XT8
My Broadband Ping - Gig1 Modem Mode

Yes,completely different

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think that every Hub4 should have a different SSID

--------------------
John
--------------------

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @dwsumme,

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry to see you are having issues connecting your laptop to your Hub-4.

I located your account, I can see there is an outage in your area:

Remedy Number:F008921032  

Status: Our engineer is on site and they're working to fix the problem

Date Open:02 APR 2021 09:55

Estimated end date:28 OCT 2021 09:00

We are planning to undertake some upgrades to support the increased demand for our services in your area. When completed, any slow broadband speeds and buffering on TiVo apps you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times) will be resolved.

This could be the cause for the issues with your printer losing signal to the Wi-Fi, but not the laptop connecting to the Hub. Can you please check all the settings on your laptop? You mentioned your other devices seem to connect so seems like it is an issue with the laptop it's self.

Please let me know.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks for the reply Hayley - the Internet connection in my area is very good & works fine on all our equipment apart from my Laptop which will not stay connected to the HUB4, it is set to connect automatically to WIFI & does keep connecting for a couple of minutes then drops out again, I've tried manually connecting but that does not work.

I had no Laptop problems whatsoever with my previous HUB & everything works perfectly with an Ethernet cable BUT my workstation is not always in the same room as my HUB4 so WIFI is essential & things are pretty difficult at present.

One thing I have noticed is that my HUB4 shows a strong white light which never dims. 

I mentioned previously that my printer would not connect to WIFI through the HUB4  but after many attempts that problem appears to have been resolved as it has been connected for the previous two days without any problems

Regards

Dave.

Hi @dwsumme,

Thank you for the update on this. I'm glad to hear that the issues with connecting to the printer via Wi-Fi have now been resolved.

In regards to connecting to the Wi-Fi with your laptop, are any other devices aside from the laptop impacted at all? As for the light colour and what it means, you can find more information here.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!