cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 4 not working -

gsudhi
Joining in

I am new returner to VM and the experiience so far has not been great. I am Gig 1 customer, made the order by the end of November and received the kit early December.

The Hub 4 was plugged in from mid second week of December and it seemed to be working OK until yesterday.

Yesterday I noticed that the speeds on computer were really poor and my iMac is only about 15 feet from there router. I then switched the Hub 4 off and on and the did the same with the computer too, and that made no difference.  Then I mad a call to VM customer care and they did confirm that there are some service outages in my area. However, I was not seeing the SSID on my computer then and their advice was to do a reset on the Hub 4. The reset button when pressed down is not working, ie, the lights do not go off on the router to indicate a reset. The light comes on and stays solid as soon as the Hub is switched on. Not sure what is happening. Is my Hub 4 bricked? 

My Virgin media phone line which is plugged in to the router is dead, and I dont get any data in my Powerline connections either. While this could be due to the service outage in the area, I am not sure why the Hub 4 is not sending out it SSID anymore. And I haven't changed it to modem mode either!

2 REPLIES 2

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

@gsudhi wrote:

I am new returner to VM and the experiience so far has not been great. I am Gig 1 customer, made the order by the end of November and received the kit early December.

The Hub 4 was plugged in from mid second week of December and it seemed to be working OK until yesterday.

Yesterday I noticed that the speeds on computer were really poor and my iMac is only about 15 feet from there router. I then switched the Hub 4 off and on and the did the same with the computer too, and that made no difference.  Then I mad a call to VM customer care and they did confirm that there are some service outages in my area. However, I was not seeing the SSID on my computer then and their advice was to do a reset on the Hub 4. The reset button when pressed down is not working, ie, the lights do not go off on the router to indicate a reset. The light comes on and stays solid as soon as the Hub is switched on. Not sure what is happening. Is my Hub 4 bricked? 

My Virgin media phone line which is plugged in to the router is dead, and I dont get any data in my Powerline connections either. While this could be due to the service outage in the area, I am not sure why the Hub 4 is not sending out it SSID anymore. And I haven't changed it to modem mode either!

Turn the hub on and push and hold the reset button in for 60 seconds minimum.

The light ring should then start flashing as it goes through the reset procedure

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, gsudhi,

Sorry to hear that you have been experiencing poor connectivity issues with the Hub 4.  Have you been able to perform the reset? You can find out more here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-reset-your-hub

Let us know if you need further help.

Cheers,

Corey C