Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 4 USELESS

jps2023
Joining in

Just received my second hub 4 this morning 

installed taken the old one back to post to yodel 

been of for a few hours then starts doing the same thing 

it re boots resets itself to factory and removes my personalised ssid and passwords 

these hubs are useless !!!!

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Dont disagree - was it actually working fine before? It can take some time to stabilise after first connecting and switching on and doing firmware updates  - but you might try this first and if it doesnt work consider just using it in modem mode with your own router....

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! With the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press the reset pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker so log in and change them back to what they were/should be.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Just use it in modem mode and get a better router with 1Gb ports
---------------------------------------------------------------

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @jps2023, thanks for reaching out to us on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the Hub 4 😞
May I ask how the hub has been recently? Does the issue still continue?

Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Through trial and error looks like i have solved the issue !

Hub 4 have firmware issues.

When personalising the ssid and passwords and using dual 2.4 and 5 ghz wifi disable channel optimisation 

Pre set a channel to your liking on 2.4 and 5 ghz do not let the hub choose !

Save and it will remain stable !