cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 4 SSID defaults

Mazxtc
Tuning in

Can anyone help?
I had major problems with my broadband for moths and eventually the whole street was re-wired and new cables and equipment were put in my home which included a nice new Hub 4.  The problem is that randomly and anytime there is a power outage or I reset the hub for any reason the SSID I changed for the Hub keeps resetting to it's default settings, and it's driving me mad now.
Any ideas how I can make this permanent? 

14 REPLIES 14

lotharmat
Community elder
Apparently it is a bug!

I think there is a way of preventing it from happening by disabling intelligent wifi and channel optimisation and renaming your 2.4 and 5GHz bands!

I'll have a look around and see if that does cure it!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Eeeps
Well-informed

Not a fix but a workaround - could you use the Backup and Reload options (I assume they exist in the SH4) to easily get your settings back?

I've set that up and I'll let you know how it goes.  Thanks
Also backed up, just in case.

Hi Mazxtc

Let us know if this helps resolve the issue or if you need any further support on this.

Thanks

Rob

Giving things a few days to ensure it's resolved. I will keep you informed.

Thanks for coming back to us @Mazxtc and please do keep us updated over the next few days with any improvements or issues.

Thanks

Steven_L

Disappointing news unfortunately. The Hub lost connection this moring and it took 3 attempts to reset to get the broadband hub working again, and of corse it reset itself back to default, yet again.
I'm beginning to think this is not only a virgin bug, but my nice new hub is faulty too as it loses connection several times a week.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mazxtc wrote:
<snip>
I'm beginning to think this is not only a virgin bug, but my nice new hub is faulty too as it loses connection several times a week.

You need to setup a BQM here www.thinkbroadband.com/ping

This will monitor your incoming circuit 24 x 7 and let you see any issues in the VM supply.   Also post your power levels and network log for comment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for coming back to us @Mazxtc, I would like to take a further look into your account but haven't been unable to do this as I cannot locate your account from your community profile.

I will drop over a private message for you right now to confirm a few details and we can get this looked into further for you. Please look out for my message.

Regards,

Steven_L