Menu
Sweenaldo
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

HUB 4 Losing Connection

Hi all, 

Putting this here on behalf of my dad, who is the account holder. We have had a Hub 4 for a few months and the connectivity and speeds have been fine. For the last 3 days, it has been randomly losing connection to the network (orange arrows on the V6 box and either a white or red light on the hub itself), which is solved by rebooting the Hub.

However this is only lasting for a few hours at a time before I have to do it again. Service Status page says that there is no known issue in the area, and my TV and Landline are both unaffected (other than On Demand etc). 

Any idea what might be causing this?

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUB 4 Losing Connection

Could be power level or noise problems, and mostly those are easy for the field team to fix, and the forum staff can book a technician if needed without enduring the sometimes poor telephone "support".

However, the forum staff probably won't be able to identify the account because chances are you've registered for the forum rather than the account holder (unless you used their email address, the same one that's on their account), and to take things further they'll need to sort this out through you and the account holder passing account security checks by private message.  I'll mark this for the staff to advise, but be aware that they have to abide by strict rules on data protection, so knowing the address, and that there's some problem with a VM connection is not on its own enough.

If you can get them to remotely check hub settings, and problems persist, but they say there's no problems visible then post again, we can do some digging and try and help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUB 4 Losing Connection

Hi Sweenaldo,

Sorry to hear of the connection issues experienced with your Hub 4, we appreciate you raising this via the forums so we can look into this further and welcome to the forums.

I've tried to locate the account using the information provided to the forum but have been unable to do so, I suspect this is due to the account not being in your name so none of the details match. I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some more details from you so we can take a closer look.

Thanks

Rob