cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 3, permanent red light, customer support no help

rmlaws54
Tuning in

The red 'overhead' light on my HUB 3 is permanently on.  No other lights show. The red sometimes changes to orange. The Internet seems to be working fine.

3 days ago customer help told me (I talked with a human!) to call back in 24 hours if it does not fix itself.  It didn't.  Now I can't get through to a person - only to a robot saying they will check the connection. The Internet seems to be working fine: that's not the problem.

1. I have tried disconnecting the HUB 3 and let it get completely cool.  
  2. I have rebooted the HUB 3 many times.
  3. I have reset the HUB 3 several times with a pin.

The red light  comes on every time as soon as it restarts.

Please can someone advise me what can I do to get it replaced?

I wonder if I should inform my insurers about the fire risk.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the red led is still on after a reset, the Hub should be replaced as it's a risk.  The overheat warning should work properly !  

A VM Mod will pick this up here within a day or two and arrange a swap out hopefully.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the red led is still on after a reset, the Hub should be replaced as it's a risk.  The overheat warning should work properly !  

A VM Mod will pick this up here within a day or two and arrange a swap out hopefully.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

thank you Adduxi,

I will post again here in due course, to let people know how it goes.

So, no VM Mod has picked this up and a week has gone by. The bottom light is red or orange all of the time; no other lights are on but the HUB 3 seems to be functioning.

As Adduxi said, there is a fire risk here because I will not know if it is really overheating.

The only certain option seems to be to set up a new broadband connection with BT and then close the VM account, but I'd rather stick with VM.

Is there anything else I can do to get  the HUB 3 replaced? 

Robert

11/04/2022

Hi there @rmlaws54

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to our community forums! 

I'm so sorry to hear that you are facing this issue with your Hub! 

I'll send you a PM now so we can arrange for an engineer to take a look into this for you.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

Hello again, 

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for Hub – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Thank you Ash,

I got and SMS telling me of the appointment also. 

Great rmlaws54,

We'll pass your thanks on to Ash for you. If you need any further assistance, please come back to us through this channel.

Let us know how your visit goes. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

The engineer has just visited and has replaced the HUB 3. He arrived on time and he checked out the signal strength, bit rates and so on.  All looks good.

Thank you all for helping with this.  

Robert

Thanks for letting us know about your visit @rmlaws54 and I'm glad that your issues have now been resolved after the technician visit.

Regards,

Steven_L