cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 3 in Modem mode keeps dropping out

MackNev53
On our wavelength

HI, a while ago I posted a question here about my Hub 3 as the router dropping out.  An engineer did come out and added an attenuator and the system was more stable with fewer dropouts but very bad WiFi coverage.  I have now added a TP-Link M5 Mesh and put the Router in Modem mode as I kept hearing the HUB 3 was not great as a router anyway.  That was on sunday.  All was ok until today.  I am personally not at home right now but my partner is at home pulling her hair out with constant drop-outs.

I have now read posts here about the HUB3 in Modem mode and drop outs.  I would share my BQM but it is red so I'm guessing the Mesh system or HUB3 is blocking it.

I did add a TP-LINK WPA4220 powerline onto one of the M5 units, to get signal to an outbuilding.  Could this cause a problem ?, it all seemed to work fine sunday and yesterday.

Whilst I have found this forum and Virgin tech support good, the Hub3 tech has caused nothing but trouble.

Has anyone found any fixes for HUB3 drop outs in Modem mode

Any advice before I go home and face my partners wrath 

Matt

28 REPLIES 28

You are looking to enable respond to ICMP echo requests on the WAN link not enabling IGMP.

Many thanks NinjaMeerkat, that's my dyslexia kicking in.  

Unless i am being thick I cannot see anywhere on the TP-Link app or the web interface that relates to enabling Respond to ICMP echo request.  There is no security/firewall section that I can see

Matt

Are there any advanced settings!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

In the app there is, but I. Any see anything relevant 

C299B0B4-9010-42E7-9E92-90CAA357E0F8.png

6956994D-ACB1-4070-BE7A-2FFCB0CD13CA.png

3141FEE0-60C7-4B62-818E-C7C2851BAC80.png

Hold on, I have just turned off “ignore ping from WAN”, could that be it ?

@MackNev53 wrote:

I would think so...

---------------------------------------------------------------

@MackNev53 wrote:

Yes, that’ll be it!

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/fee0bba4e421901b8878adf6834332c1809cd0b6

Hi again,

The broadband has been down for an hour now. Have just posted the BQM and it clearly coincides with the return of the red block.