cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 3 - Active complaint with Ombudsman Services: Communications

MorcYdna
On our wavelength

Just wondering if anyone here has an active complaint with the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) scheme, specifically for the still supplied, and poorly designed HUB 3

I know Virgin belong under the umbrella of the Ombudsman Services for Communications and wonder if anyone in this group already has an ongoing case where other customers affected by the failure of the VM equipment (hub3) causing issues accessing their service.

The voice of many is loudest when in unison.

If anyone has an active complaint, share it here so others can weigh in behind it with their woes to the ombudsman 

In God we trust, all others must "Reboot their router daily!"
9 REPLIES 9

Client62
Hero

If you have a defective Hub 3 call support and request a replacement.

MorcYdna
On our wavelength

I've tried this many times in the short 4 months I've been with VM and they just keep telling me to reboot my router, it's now so frequent it's a twice daily issue.

Also the Hub3 is known to be a bit of an issue since 2018 with many posts on this forum regarding it and I wish I had known this before joining VM

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/08/intel-coughs-to-puma-cpu-flaw-that-hit-virgin-media-hu...

deans6571
Wise owl

@MorcYdna wrote:

Just wondering if anyone here has an active complaint with the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) scheme, specifically for the still supplied, and poorly designed HUB 3

I know Virgin belong under the umbrella of the Ombudsman Services for Communications and wonder if anyone in this group already has an ongoing case where other customers affected by the failure of the VM equipment (hub3) causing issues accessing their service.

The voice of many is loudest when in unison.

If anyone has an active complaint, share it here so others can weigh in behind it with their woes to the ombudsman 

I think your issues are isolated to yourself only - you can't factually state ".....there are issues/failures with the Hub 3" and assume ALL customers who have a Hub 3 are in the same boat.

I also have a Hub 3 on a 250Mb connection and my Hub 3 works perfectly with no issues (as does its wifi) - in fact, on a wired connection, my average speeds are 250 - 270Mb.

As has been stated, if you have an issue, call it in.

You are rebooting the Hub 3 to solve exactly what problem ?   

Hi there @MorcYdna 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have been facing issues regarding your Hub. Can I ask what exactly is happening with the Hub and I would be happy to look into this with you? 

Thanks again

@deans6571 wrote: 

I think your issues are isolated to yourself only - you can't factually state ".....there are issues/failures with the Hub 3" and assume ALL customers who have a Hub 3 are in the same boat.

Thanks for taking the time in responding so politely, it's appreciated.

In response to your instant dismissal of "it's not affecting me so it can't be true", This issue is centered around a poorly chosen component at the design stage (that even the manufacturer, Intel have stated is EOL as of 2018) the core component within the HUB3.

As such it is safe to assume that all hubs are affected (even new ones like mine that is 4 months old) and it is definitely not an isolated issue, as many on this forum are reporting these issues also way back since mid/late 2017.

With that, I have added a small selection of near identical issues I found in less than 10 seconds of searching.

Atom-self-healing 

Atom-Issues-on-Hub3

NOTICE-ATOM-is-restarted-due-to-Kernel 

ATOM-is-restarted-as-part-of-Self-Healing-Mechanism  

WiFi-Constantly-Drops-Out-Atom-Panic 

Also, as I have mentioned before, the issue only affects the WiFi and not the LAN ports as the controller for the WiFi fails when it becomes overwhelmed (an oversimplification)

MorcYdna
On our wavelength

@Client62 wrote:

You are rebooting the Hub 3 to solve exactly what problem ?   

Rebooting the router is the only way to enable the WiFi again as both 2.4 and 5 disable and the admin settings page is unreachable via LAN

@Ashleigh_C wrote:

Hi there @MorcYdna 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have been facing issues regarding your Hub. Can I ask what exactly is happening with the Hub and I would be happy to look into this with you? 

Thanks again

Covered under posts #35 & #37 here > Here 

Thanks for coming back to us MorcYdna, I can see that we have setup a technician to get your issues resolved.

I hope that we can get the issues resolved for you on the visit, please do let us know how the visit goes if you get chance to do so.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L