cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB 3.0 Red Light

hsahebdin
Tuning in

Dear Team

I have had a continuous Red Light for my Hub 3.0 for over a month now.

I have called customer services but to no avail.

I can confirm the following:

1) I am using the hub in router mode

2) I have turned the hub off and on again multiple times

3) I have tried a reset using the pinhole on the back of the hub multiple times

4) The hub is very warm to touch.

5) This issue seems to stop internet and wifi and only brings it back together with the red light after reset / turning on and off again 

I look forward to resolving this matter as soon as possible

Regards

Hakeem 

9 REPLIES 9

lotharmat
Community elder
VM need to swap out the hub asap as it is either overheating or thinks it is due to a faulty sensor!

If it were me, I'd call 150 (or 0345 454 1111) and tell them it is hot - they'll book a tech visit sharpish!

It is sad that offshore CS will only budge on this if you tell them it is hot - but unfortunately until proper training filters down - this is all we've got!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Cheers lotharmat

Have been calling them twice a week and they keep blaming intermittent connection issues

Will try again 

That is typical VM offshore CS bullcrap!

Tell them that the hub is hot and ask them if they are happy to leave a fire-risk in your house!

(0800 hrs is the best time to phone them - select the 'thinking of leaving' option)

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @hsahebdin thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing an overheated hub, which in turn is impacting the level of service you're receiving.  I have located your account and had a remote look from here.  I would like to send out a technician.  I am going to send you a private message to confirm your details.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @hsahebdin

I have sent you a private message.  I will certainly try to help you resolve this issue.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @hsahebdin

Thanks for confirming your details.  I have booked the first available appointment.  You can view and if you need, amend the appointment here.

Regards

Lee

@lee_R thanks

@lotharmat

thanks dude

No worries at all!