cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Printer Issue - Instant Ink

jonwood007
Joining in

HP help line have advised after trying all sorts that the issue the problem could be Virgins and have asked me to have Virgin......"separate frequencies to 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz and open the necessary ports for you. Those ports are TCP and UDP Ports: 45222 & 45223, 80, 5353, 5358, 5222, 5223, 5357, 3702, 443, 427, 8080, 209, 1900, 5298, 5350, 5351. Also, please deactivate firewall of the router."...... no idea what this means and its impossible to speak to Virgin!!!!

68 REPLIES 68

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Ok so you have a mesh did you remove the printer from windows and re-add it back in by HP app?
---------------------------------------------------------------

Pari
On our wavelength
Desktop or mobile app - which should I use for this ?

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Desktop?

Pari
On our wavelength
Which app should I add the printer back from ?

Pari
On our wavelength

Hi Legacy,

I uninstalled the printer as can be seen in the screenshots but HP app still recognises it as installed, screenshot also attached

Is there a way to remove it from the app ? 

Thanks Pari2022-01-07_17h14_50.png2022-01-07_17h14_17.png

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
on the HP app click the "+" on the left to find and install your printer

Hi @Pari

Have you managed to resolve this now? How are you getting on with connecting to your printer?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Another person here with EXACTLY the same issue. Originally used the router in "modem" mode, and get this HP email to check your ISP isn't blocking these ports, so as an experiment connected printer directly to hub, using a cable. Set the router to "router" mode, and connected a laptop to another Ethernet port. Set the IP address the printer was given by the Superhub 3.0 to the DMZ, restarted printer.. And guess what EXACTLY the same issue.. Printer refuses to connect to my HP instant ink account. It gets a valid HP eprint ink email address, but can't use my HP instant ink account.
What's frustrating is that I can't get any technical support at Virgin Media to confirm that at this point the Virgin Media router or the Virgin media interconnect kit (switches routers) are NOT blocking ANY of those ports.
Once I've got written email confirmation this is the case, I can ping the problem back to HP as in "next idea" .. HP

Pari
On our wavelength

Virgin Media support is poor

I have children who need access to a printer for school homework 

Disappointed with the poor service