cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Printer Issue - Instant Ink

jonwood007
Joining in

HP help line have advised after trying all sorts that the issue the problem could be Virgins and have asked me to have Virgin......"separate frequencies to 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz and open the necessary ports for you. Those ports are TCP and UDP Ports: 45222 & 45223, 80, 5353, 5358, 5222, 5223, 5357, 3702, 443, 427, 8080, 209, 1900, 5298, 5350, 5351. Also, please deactivate firewall of the router."...... no idea what this means and its impossible to speak to Virgin!!!!

68 REPLIES 68

Its now working fine for me now guess people on other routeing to HP has problems

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Legacy1

I have tried the port scan app and apart from 64k messages about TCP Port ???? it didn't indicate any blocked ports.

I would suggest that if you've had the printer problem and resolved it then please indicate how you fixed it, otherwise a message of "it works for me" is very frustrating and completely useless

regards

Richard

Pari
On our wavelength

Richard 

I couldn't get port scan to work on Windows 10

Did you ?

@richardgould wrote:

I would suggest that if you've had the printer problem and resolved it then please indicate how you fixed it, otherwise a message of "it works for me" is very frustrating and completely useless

Well it might be a routing issue for where you are or maybe you need to use modem mode and get your own router.  

Pari
On our wavelength

Hi Legacy

I have run the port scan. Could you please advise what I should be looking for? 

Also I have TP link installed ( 3 Wifi extenders) and therefore router already in modem mode. 

Any ideas on how to fix the issue would be much appreciated 

Thanks Pari

2022-01-07_14h21_19.png

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Unplug all extenders what router do you have for modem mode?

Remove your printer from windows then re-add it again with HP app

I found that their are two ways HP does printing and its scary the 1st is OK if windows finds your printer by LAN IP it will send to directly to the printer then the printer send the HP you have printed a page But if windows can't connect to the printer directly it sends it to the cloud then the printer checks with the cloud get anything to print? pulls it from the cloud then says you have printed a page.  

Pari
On our wavelength
Hub 3

Do you want me to do anything with it ?

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@Pari wrote:
Hub 3

Do you want me to do anything with it ?

You said your in modem mode?

Pari
On our wavelength

Yes but the unit is a Hub 3 

To connect Wifi extender you need to put into modem mode 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Wifi extender don't do NAT unless they are a mesh?