Menu
chenks
Community elder
Message 21 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green cabinet in street damaged, automated number is useless. Please help!

i just don't see the point in your need to chase (as you put it).
you reported it, your job is done. how quickly it gets resolved is solely up to virgin.

you could be spending your time doing stuff that you enjoy rather than feeling the need to keep chasing.
and yes, the reply was meant to be dismissive. dismissive in you feeling the need to chase it. whether it appears to be mocking is merely a side effect.

your analogy about the box is misguided, as if had a box fault your service would be directly affected.
currently your service is not being affected in any way by the cabinets current condition.

and the cabinet will be repaired when virgin decide to do it, but it won't be sped up by you chasing it (evidence already in the forum shows this).
0 Kudos
brettgough
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 25
Flag for a moderator

do you see how that is still not helpful. Someone with he tag “problem solver should be putting forward practical things to help instead of telling you that customer complaints and virgin staff requests will do noticing, this problem has been going on for weeks. Its not good enough to just say “they will fix it when they get around to it"

Brett

0 Kudos
cje85
Problem sorter
Message 23 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Cabinet maintenance isn't a high priority for Virgin Media. There are threads all over the forum about damaged cabinets, doors left open etc that take months to see a resolution despite the forum team constantly 'chasing' it up.

Most cable TV equipment is designed for outdoor use (in the US, it is often found on telegraph polls like this: http://cityinfrastructure.com/CableTV/Webfiles/DSCN2807.jpg) so the weather may not be a worry, vandalism is the main risk.

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 24 of 25
Flag for a moderator

@brettgough wrote:

do you see how that is still not helpful. Someone with he tag “problem solver should be putting forward practical things to help instead of telling you that customer complaints and virgin staff requests will do noticing, this problem has been going on for weeks. Its not good enough to just say “they will fix it when they get around to it"

Brett

the tag is set by the forum. not me.
whether you think it's good enough or not, that is simply the reality of the matter.

0 Kudos
brettgough
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I am happy to report that the Virgin maintenance guys came out yesterday and replaced the cabinet, re-mounting it to the concrete base and permanently fixing it again. I have no idea if thats because of the requests from the helpful people on the forum or because they “just got around to it” but i like to think that your efforts helped. Thanks guys

Brett

0 Kudos