Menu
Highlighted
brettgough
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Green cabinet in street damaged, automated number is useless. Please help!

The green Virgin cabinet opposite out property has been damaged for some time but its just got critical. It was initially listing off of its base after it appeared the maybe a car or council grass cutting equipment had hit it. For some time its been getting worse and now its completely off of its mounting and laying on the floor. The internals are now accessible and open to weather and wildlife. I have tried reporting this to the automated number a few times as the damage progressed and my neighbour has also reported this to customer service by phone. Nothing has yet been done. The state of the cabinet is not only dangerous to people and animals but it also risks losing TV, phone and data to connected properties due to weather ingress and possible vandalism since all the cables are now exposed and vulnerable. This needs sorting ASAP, can anyone from virgin assist please

Thanks

Brett Gough

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green cabinet in street damaged, automated number is useless. Please help!

Hi Brettgough, 

Really sorry that you're having trouble raising a damaged cabinet, we'd love to get this sorted as soon as possible. 

Could you please provide us with the location and as much detail as you can or pictures if possible and we can get it reported ASAP. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
brettgough
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Location is Meadow Way, Irthlingborough, Northants NN9 5RS opposite numbers 21 and 23 of that street. There is a number on the cabinet which is badly faded, i think it says RDO 91 15 though its hard to make out. Photos attached> if you could please advise when engineers would be attending it would be a great help and comfort. 

IMG_3059.jpgIMG_3055.jpgIMG_3056.jpgIMG_3057.jpgIMG_3058.jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for that. 

We'll get this reported now. 

I'm afraid we wouldn't be advised here when an engineer will be attending but it will be ASAP. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
brettgough
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, we have reported it three or four times now to the automated 0330 number but no action yet. Fingers crossed the engineers rectify before someone gets hurt or the equipment gets fried but he rain we are having right now

Brett

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

if you think it's an immediate public health and safety issue then you should also report to the local council, as they are ulitimately repsonsible for the safety of the public on their adopted streets.
0 Kudos
brettgough
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, we have also notified the council

Hopefully the virgin engineers will get there first

Brett

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I'm sure the team will be there to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
brettgough
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

A couple of days ago one of your teams id arrive in their van and they stood the cabinet back up, put an orange sign on it and left. It wasn’t fixed but you could see Virgin were aware of it. The cabinet is now on its back again. Possibly through the bad weather but possibly due to vandalism. It was ok an hour ago and i just looked out and saw it back on the ground in the same state as before, exposed to the driving rain that we are having. Could you please alert the repair team to its status and ask for a better solution than just standing the broken cabinet back up and not actually repairing it

Thanks

Brett Gough

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for letting us know Brett, sorry this is an issue again.

I've escalated it to the team, someone will get it sorted as soon as possible. 

Thanks,

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos