cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green arrows flashing

Rybczynski
Joining in

WiFi via Virgin hub 3.0 suddenly stopped working a couple of hours ago. Completely out of the blue as I haven’t touched the router etc. 

It’s showing 2 flashing green arrows and the bottom light is solid green while the WiFi icon at the top is solid green. 

I’ve checked for issues in my area, Virgin are reporting a good service. I’ve run all of the troubleshooting and checked the cables are intact. 

Have exactly the same problem as started above. Cannot get through to helpline.

Can anyone help me please?

6 REPLIES 6

BaldrickBravo
Superfast

It is worth calling 0800 5610061 to see whether there are any problems in your locality.
It is usually more up to date and more area specific than the service status page. Issues only get onto the service status page when they reach a certain severity or affect a wider area.

I'm not sure what why the base LED on the hub 3 would be solid green:
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Help/What-do-the-lights-on-my-router-mean/td-p/3166589

From the above link:

> Internet

> The internet light will flash when it is acquiring a connection and, once connected, it will remain on for 2 minutes before going off. It will also flash if the Hub 3.0 is downloading new software. Otherwise, the light will only remain lit or flash if there is an issue with the connection.

> Base LED

> The Base LED will be the only light that will stay on during normal operation. The Base LED will be Magenta when in modem mode. In router mode, it will be white.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rybczynski, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your connection. 

I'm happy to take a look in to things but I've been unable to locate you on our systems using your forum credentials. I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rybczynski, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

Taking a look at the systems, the account still hasn't been activated. In order for the broadband to work, you will need to activate the equipment. 

We're not able to do that via the Forums so you will need to call the team on 0345 454 1111 options 1, 3 then 2. 

Once fully activated, things should start working for you. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I recently received my package.

I spent a whole day trying to connect the hub (Hub 3).

I kept getting a solid green power light, flashing green internet arrows and solid green Wi-Fi light.

No internet and kept being asked to login to authenticate. 

Once logged in 192.168.0.1 dashboard it stated internet access denied?

I reset the hub and after an hour it connected for a while.

I had internet, phone and TV, although no issues with TV from the start, works great.

Within under 5 minutes back to the green solid power light and flashing green internet arrows???

I restarted, reset, checked and checked all cables time but still the same.

I read a forum to call  call the team on 0345 454 1111.

I did, I was told to press 1 to activate then press 2 to re-ping activation and wait one hour. 

3 hours later, the same?

I did area checks all OK.

I found a forum which stated that I am  not activated and to get activated properly by phoning 0345 454 1111 and choose options 1, 3 then 2. 

Will try this tomorrow.

Please could someone, please shine some night on what I am doing wrong or how to check activation.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Tahnks

Mike

All solved.

The fault was down to me!

I had used a compression connection and when terminating it a small thread of the earthing was in contact with the centre wire.

I just cut of the old connector and replaced it.

It is the cutting tool, seems to leave a small thread of earth wire (hard to see) around the centre core wire.

I carefully unwound it and compressed the fitting and all working.

Very pleased.

Mike

Hey MikeJM, thank you for getting back to us. I am really happy to see your fault is now fixed.

If you ever need anything again you do no where we are. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?