cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green Band Supperhub 4

Hefeydd
Tuning in

Hello,

I am no stranger to Cable Modems I used to work on the NTL Cable Support Desk back in before Beardy Branson plastered his name all over NTL and changed it to Virgin Media and then bu*****d off and sold his shares. a few weeks ago I noticed the LED band on the SH4 was green.  I thought, okay it's doing a firmware update as a green LED if my memory serves me correctly is a firmware update which it was as I checked the logs and it said it had done a firmware update it rebooted and I thought nothing of it.

I noticed today as the modem is on a server rack with my switch under my desk and I thought...? OKAY, why is this still so I reset the modem to the factory and when it restarted it was back to white... set the modem back to Modem Mode as I do not use the router I use a third party with more security... no offence VM. So I thought...? oh hang with SH3 we had 2 different LEDs one White for Router Mode and Red was for Modem mode, has Virgin Media changed the LED to Green for Modem Mode as soon as I switched from Router Mode to Modem Mode it changed from white to green which makes sense however, it would have been nice for a heads up if you were making these changes to the firmware.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Perfectly ok for modem mode, see this ‘pink sticky’:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Hub-4-Solid-green-light-whilst-in-Bridge-mo...

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Perfectly ok for modem mode, see this ‘pink sticky’:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Hub-4-Solid-green-light-whilst-in-Bridge-mo...

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I nearly wet myself when I read this. 😂

Tudor